Is there an easy way to edit clips on multiple tracks?

micv

the scenario is I record an instrument with multiple microphones, each mic is recorded onto an audio track. 

Is there a way to select all the related clips to, say, mute them to do another take during tracking, or during edit to cut, split, shorten, etc?

There is an option in the preferences to "group" clips that are recorded at the same time.  You can also select all the clips you want grouped, right click, and group them. Then when you select, split, move etc. one clip the others will have the same thing done to them.

See pg 350 of the Reference Manual ("Clip Selection Groups")

You can also do this by dropping all the old takes in a folder.  You and use the top "Folder" lane to trim and do editing like cuts and fades.  Then make you new takes outside the folder.  Quick groups is even another way to edit all the tracks in a group.

Max Arwood

looks like the Preferences > Project - Record setting may do the trick and using folder, as I don't want all clips start at the same time, just the tracks of an instrument so folder makes sense. 

Also if quick group mean what I do in one track will be done on the other, (select one clip will select the other clips that has the same clip name) then it could work too. 

will give these a try. thx

update -  the Record option works out well. 

However for clips already recorded without group, I can't find any easy way, I had to select the each clip and group them manually.