Analog Synth Recommendations?

mibby

19 hours ago, craigb said:

Since a "true" analog will cost stupid amounts of money, I'd suggest one that's really close like this analog modeling synth:

MS2000-1a.jpg

I had both this one and the rack equivalent (which might be an option since he already has a keyboard controller and can be found for under $300).

MS2000R-1a.jpg

Coincidentally, my brother the programmer has one of these keyboards and is willing to let it go.

Thank for all the replies guys!

13 hours ago, Gswitz said:

If he likes bass, the moog minitaur is cool. ...I recognize it isn't in your price range but it is cool.

Still good info - thanks!

@Gswitz  That is too funny!   🤣🤣  Thanks for the "syntorial.com" recommendation.  Good to know.  He is not a newb, just doesn't have an analog synth yet.  He's an FL Studio guy and owns quite a few VI synths like Sylynth.  But he has been getting interested in analog stuff.

13 hours ago, haydn12 said:

I have the Behringer Neutron synth.  This is an amazing synth for the money.  Very flexible and sounds great.  ...

I've owned quite a few synths in the past including Moogs, Prophet V, etc and have been working with synths since about 1974.  So the Neutron is not my 1st synth!  I think this is an excellent synth to get into world of analog synthesis.

Awesome! After watching the videos posted, this is the one I've been thinking about so it's great to get a first-hand recommendation from an experienced synth guy!    🙏

1 hour ago, 57Gregy said:

Coincidentally, my brother the programmer has one of these keyboards and is willing to let it go.

PM sent.  :)