Send Not Showing Checkmark

New session, new issue.

Shouldn't there be a checkmark on the dropdown since I have a send on this track? As you can see, the send does exist on the track but when I right click to see it from the context menu, it doens't  have a checkmark next to the send. It did it before. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

image.png.337a1f187a64d8ecccc1949c2a8817b4.png

You're using the "Insert Send" menu which just shows the available outputs and not which output is already assigned to a Send.
Therefore, if you click "Vocals" shown in your picture, you'll add a second "Vocals" Send.

If you want to reassign an existing Send, click on the name of the Send.

Edited by Klaus
  • Like 1

@Klaus Upon further investigation, just as you said, there is no checkmark and if I do click it again, it indeed adds an additional send. Their is, however, a checkmark when I click the send and choose to reassign it. Which is kind of *****. I'm clicking on the send itself so yeah, I KNOW that that is the current send. Don't really need a checkmark there, but thanks anyway.  I think it would make better sense to have the checkmark when right clicking on the track so we don't have to expand it to see if there are sends on the track. Maybe they have their reason or just didn't think of it! Or maybe this is another evidence that CbB is not. That. Intuitive.

So should there also be checkmarks next to Insert Audio Track, Insert MIDI Track, Insert Instrument, etc. when one of those objects already exists in the project?

Having a checkmark next to a repeatable function just because it's been used once doesn't seem especially intuitive to me.

If I want to see sends in a collapsed track, I show the Inspector.

16 hours ago, David Baay said:

So should there also be checkmarks next to Insert Audio Track, Insert MIDI Track, Insert Instrument, etc. when one of those objects already exists in the project?

Having a checkmark next to a repeatable function just because it's been used once doesn't seem especially intuitive to me.

If I want to see sends in a collapsed track, I show the Inspector.

No, that's different. When you right click to add any of the above mentioned tracks, it doesn't show existing tracks. But when you right click on  Insert Send, it shows you a list of existing busses, auxes, and patch points. It shows the check mark when you click on the send itself! What's the point of that? I know it's there, I just clicked on it! Not that it hurts but why not have the checkmarks on the insert send list of existing sends? It's an extra step to show the inspector and make sure it's on the right track.