Scarlett 3rd gen 18i8 connection issues

I just joined Bandlab and downloaded Cakewalk. I've been able to get some basic recording working. The issue I'm having is when trying to route the inputs and outputs of the Scarlett only the odd numbered inputs and outputs are showing up. I should see 1-8 for inputs and only 1,3,5,7 show up as options the same with outputs. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

This is just how the driver reports the names to Windows, which is displayed by Cakewalk.

First make sure "Show Mono Outputs" is checked:

image.png.fad3274e87886240dae5ee1ccd124adc.png

Now when you pick an input / output device within a track you'll see something like the following for inputs:

image.png.32d306bdab4d84178ce23c466060444e.png

And something like this for outputs:

image.png.4ba86f95f7343decc590cc6d9760a808.png

• 3 weeks later...

Are you saying channels 2, 4, 6, and 8 are the "other half" of stereo tracks?  If that's so, how is it that the Scarlett sees the mic signal on input 2, the control panel for the 18i8 sees the signal (vu meters show signal both places) but the Cakewalk tracks don't get anything?

Any help you have will be much appreciated.  TIA

The reason you see only odd numbers is because they are stereo tracks and the other right side of the stereo track is already included in Cakewalk audio driver selection.

If you want Mono track selections then you select the left or right mono channel on the Mix view when selecting your input for a Track on the record or Track view page. All driver selections in preferences are only gonna list stereo channel selections to save you time and trouble. 

Edited by kday