Cakewalk by BandLab Makes Notes Play for the Wrong Instrument

ceakay

Question

Hello everyone,

I have been using Cakewalk by BandLab for a few weeks now and I have stumbled into a problem that is very frustrating. When I add a new instrument, it starts playing the notes of another instrument. For example, I have a piano playing a melody. Then, I added a saxophone to come in after the intro of the song. However, even when I didn't add anything, the saxophone started playing the notes of the piano. This gets annoying when I want to create different melodies. Also, it even happens with any drums, like kicks, for example. When I added a kick pattern, the kick started playing the melody of the piano. In addition, these ghost notes show up on the piano roll that make the kick play the piano's melody.

One thing I have tried is to go to the track pane. This kind of solved the problem (I click of one of the instrument tracks and it makes the other instruments stop playing the melody). However, when I click on another instrument track to adjust reverb, for example, it completely goes and resets everything (all the instruments start playing the wrong notes again). This process becomes very tedious and confusing when my projects get more big and complex. It would be nice if someone could tell me if there is a full solution or if I'm forgetting to do something wrong. I will even include pictures to show what I mean.

image.thumb.png.a1547faece363596b29c5f46848d81cf.png

Now, this problem happens occasionally (that's why I think I might be doing something wrong). Here, (the picture above) the saxophone (the top track) started doing a constant pattern on the same note. That's because it was playing the notes of the kick, even when it's clearly programmed to play different notes. That was just a simple project I set up to demonstrate the problem, but it gets very annoying when I'm working on song that I spent hours on and then all the instruments are playing the wrong notes .The picture below shows a bigger project. This is when the problem usually occurs. Here, I have a synth playing a melody (the bottom track). But when the song transitions into the synth (the part of the song had a synth only), the saxophone starts playing too, even when nothing is there (the bottom track is clearly the only instrument playing, yet the synth and the sax play together).

image.thumb.png.a7ba5ec3dedb414049272ab19b73d7a8.png

2 answers to this question