Why is my latency so slow...only in a single project?

Steve Patrick

Question

Hey folks...I'm still using SPLAT in the music suite but have switched to BL in the voiceover suite.  I think I may have to switch in the music studio as well as I'm having a couple of weird problems with a single project in SPLAT.  Not only is it crashing on me with some frequency (which really never happens) but it is not responding to latency changes in my interface.  No matter how low I set my buffers in my Audient iD14 there is still noticeable latency in the project.  Other projects do not exhibit this AND if I load this project into BL the latency issues are still there...although BL shows no latency problems on any other project.  Is it possible that a single project can get corrupted like this?  I've taken the precaution of porting out all the tracks required to rebuild the project in a new project in either SPLAT or BL but in order to do that I had to first load the project into BL as trying to export a file in SPLAT caused an immediate crash.  Any info will be greatly appreciated.  But it looks like my long days with SPLAT may finally be over.  Sigh.

3 answers to this question

Nope...when I noticed this happening I deleted ALL plugins in the project and it's still happening.  What's even crazier is that, one, my DAW is a boss hoss quad core with 32 gigs of memory and a super fast processor and, two, that there are only six tracks of audio in the project.