I found this free software for creating backing tracks.

yeto

I have been trying this software for a few days now and I am finding it very useful for creating quick backing tracks for song writing purposes. The home page gives you an overview of the software. It really is free. There is no trial period type catch or anything of that sort. It has a good forum and help pages. You can get a response from the person who wrote the software. I am not connected with this company in any way, shape or form except that I have been using the software for a few days now.

https://www.jjazzlab.com/en/

Hope this helps someone,
yeto

Edited by yeto
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, yeto said:

I have been trying this software for a few days now and I am finding it very useful for creating quick backing tracks for song writing purposes. The home page gives you an overview of the software. It really is free. There is no trial period type catch or anything of that sort. It has a good forum and help pages. You can get a response from the person who wrote the software. I am not connected with this company in any way, shape or form except that I have been using the software for a few days now.

https://www.jjazzlab.com/en/

Hope this helps someone,
yeto

Interesting, thanks Yeto.

Band-in-a-box has been my goto for this kind of thing (or ChordPulse for a small footprint alternative).

I will definitely check it out though and the price is right :) 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Interesting, thanks Yeto.

Band-in-a-box has been my goto for this kind of thing (or ChordPulse for a small footprint alternative).

I will definitely check it out though and the price is right :) 

I have the paid version of ChordPulse as well but it doesn't seem to have the rhythm patterns or sound quality that JJazzLab has. It took me a few days to get comfortable with JJazzLab but I think I like it better versus ChordPulse. I don't want to say anything bad about ChordPulse though as it is good and works as advertised. 

Edited by yeto
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, scook said:

Remember tools like this do not lock you into their sounds. They can send MIDI directly to your DAW using a virtual MIDI cable such as LoopBe1.

Thank you. This is helpful.

I was thinking of taking the backing track and placing it in CbB as an audio track and then adding my lead guitar and vocal tracks. I know I wouldn't have as much control over the individual instrument parts but I was hoping it would be good enough to demo the songs I write. If I understand what you are sharing I could add the backing track as a .mid file and maintain control over the individual instrument parts. 

• Like 1

LoopBe1 gives you up to 16 channels of MIDI data coming out of JJazzLab or ChordPulse directly into CbB allowing you to make instrument assignments in CbB using regular synth plug-ins.

Once setup, CbB can record the MIDI in real time or just use it as a sound source while composing in JJazzLab or ChordPulse then export the a MIDI file to use in CbB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, scook said:

LoopBe1 gives you up to 16 channels of MIDI data coming out of JJazzLab or ChordPulse directly into CbB allowing you to make instrument assignments in CbB using regular synth plug-ins.

Once setup, CbB can record the MIDI in real time or just use it as a sound source while composing in JJazzLab or ChordPulse then export the a MIDI file to use in CbB.

Thank you. CbB is awesome. Always something new for me to learn. Thank you for taking time to help. My songs keep getting better and better thanks to this forum.

• Like 1

Yes, once you have your tracks in MIDI format, the sky's the limit as far as what you can do with it in terms of sounds with Cakewalk, even if you have no money to invest at this time.

Get SampleTank Free CS 4, which has many really good sounds, Kontakt Komplete Start, 6GB of free high quality content, or even just start with the SI Strings, Drums, and Piano, and TTS-1 and put on some effects.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Yes, once you have your tracks in MIDI format, the sky's the limit as far as what you can do with it in terms of sounds with Cakewalk, even if you have no money to invest at this time.

Get SampleTank Free CS 4, which has many really good sounds, Kontakt Komplete Start, 6GB of free high quality content, or even just start with the SI Strings, Drums, and Piano, and TTS-1 and put on some effects.

Thank you. I am going to give that a try.

18 minutes ago, mark skinner said:

You should also put this link in the Freeware section.

Which would be best Freeware Instruments, Freeware FX or some other place?

Thank you,
yeto