Selfindulgent ´´FACELESS´´

Paul Bush

Hi Chaps , well I took onboard all the tips ,info`s and comment`s of the last year, so I  took my time used just the virtual amps and a  few vitrual effect`s ,but I think it was just a case of taking my time and not rushing , the song is a bit selfindulgent but hey who wants to be popular , (if I wanted to be popular I´d wear make-up learn how to dance)  so as always  all coments tips etc are more than welcome .Ive got thick skin, and stomach to boot thanks for all your support Paul DB

Edited by Paul Bush
  • Like 2

I love that clean guitar tone, it's the highlight of the mix! I also like your vocals which convey that 80's sophisticated alley vibe.

Cool bends of that lead guitar as well!

Mixwise, the drums are pretty far back, maybe scootch them forward a tad, particularly when there's no vocals. Maybe go full 80's reverb snare? I dunno. Just drums louder would be an improvement.

I also was missing the bass guitar, but in this song it's not a feature.

The main parts, vocal and guitar, are very strong. Well done you night ranger!

cheers,

-Tom

8 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Paul - nice guitar - not getting a lot of bottom end on either the drums nor base - could well be my end, as listening on some pretty small monitors today!! 

Other than that, pretty good

Good job

Nigel

Thanks Nigel , I did compress the bass and in my headphones they seemed .ok I think I need a better pair , yes the drums could do with bit more punch  I really didnt want to complicate the mix too much thanks for your comments Paul

58 minutes ago, emeraldsoul said:

I love that clean guitar tone, it's the highlight of the mix! I also like your vocals which convey that 80's sophisticated alley vibe.

Cool bends of that lead guitar as well!

Mixwise, the drums are pretty far back, maybe scootch them forward a tad, particularly when there's no vocals. Maybe go full 80's reverb snare? I dunno. Just drums louder would be an improvement.

I also was missing the bass guitar, but in this song it's not a feature.

The main parts, vocal and guitar, are very strong. Well done you night ranger!

cheers,

-Tom

Thanks Tom for your comments overall I´m pretty happy with  it especially the virtual amplfiers they just make the whole process much easyer , I  had a lot of fun with those  , couldnt find any bass amplfiers though , I used my bass guitare through a normal amp and then compressor cheers paul

I'll "echo" all of the above (I'm sooo lazy!) and add: I'm getting a big "Straits" vibe, in a Good way!
Would I mix it a bit different? There's no perfect mix...
Well done, 👍!

t

you know guys, you could jump over to SoundCloud; drop a "like", maybe a comment.
do a brother a favour....

Edited by DeeringAmps
add comment

Thanks Keith, ive had few problems with latency so Ive been keeping the instruments  and effects to the minimum  even though its only been occasionally  . with evrey recording I´m learning more tricks of the trade once again thanks for commenting cheers   

r

Thanks Tom, I´ll look into that Ive sent a freezed track as a wave , I`ve done it before but i cant for the life of me remember how I did it ? someone on this forum explained it to me and I cant find the thread  cheers Paul B

• Like 1

There’s a “snowflake” icon. That freezes the track. Now it’s a wave file. If you want to tweak that track simply hit the snowflake again and you can edit the midi (assuming it’s a VSTi, or The amp settings in the case of a sim). 

HTH

tom

small “t” lots of Toms on the forum.