Help needed - Cakewalk auto timing

Gaz Playford

Question

Hi all,

I'm attempting to record using Cakewalk for the first time. I've set up a new 16 track project, and recorded the 1st track as acoustic guitar, just strumming along. All fine, no issues.

However, when I record a 2nd track of picking guitar, when I play back it's automatically changing the timing of the notes I'm playing - as if it's adjusting the notes to a meter/time that I'm not playing them at during recording. I've turned off everything I can find that I think might be affecting this - snap is off, metronome is off, I haven't added any FX, haven't added any quantizing - or anything that I can see. I didn't record to a metronome or set the tempo, time signature etc when I first started recording - I just want it to play back exactly as I recorded it. When I access the WAV files of the track and play them through a different media player, they are fine and are exactly how I recorded it - so it must be something being applied within CW. Any help??

Thanks!

Gaz

1 answer to this question

Hi Gaz!

UPDATE: I restarted Cakewalk today and suddenly the problem was gone, but after a while, I got no output audio or there was audio with extreme distortion.

I'm also new to Cakewalk and I have a similar problem. When I enter an instrument, I can play it with no problem, but while recording it, every note I play won't sound until a certain moment, and then all the notes play at the same time on that 'time stamp'. This repeats itself for every second or so. There is no 'snap to beat' or something like that selected and the snapping is at very odd moments, completely off beat.

Did you find a solution yet?

Cheers!

Edward

Edited by EdwardB