Collaborating Using a Shared Folder

Marke Burgstahler

Question

Hi all,

I have a dear friend on the opposite coast who also uses CbB. We are trying to place a song project in a shared folder of some sort, so we can both work on it  and see each other's updates. We've tried sending bundles to each other with bad results - i.e., corrupted audio files, etc....we tried placing the song in a Dropbox shared folder, and this works better, but not all changes/track additions seem to be populating the project. Some have mentioned Google Drive, but mine seems jammed up with photos, etc. and needs a serious purge/organization.

We are getting frustrated. Can you folks suggest a reliable method that you use to accomplish this? Be gentle - I might need someone to spell out the procedure, or point me to a resource that I can peruse. FYI - I am pretty PC-savvy, and I have been using CbB for several years,  so I'm not a stone-cold newbie...;-)

Thank you so very much for any help/guidance you can offer.

1 answer to this question

Bandlab has two apps Bandlab and Cakewalk by Bandlab (CbB.) Confusing. The app Bandlab is designed for collaborating. It does have limitations, but might be ok for your needs.

Regarding the Dropbox system I agree, it is not the most efficient method. Although all changes should be there. Before you do housekeeping on your Google Drive try being very disciplined with Dropbox. Synchronise using it. Person A does some editing. He deletes the existing file from Dropbox and then posts the new copy. Person B downloads, does some editing, deletes the copy on Dropbox, and posts the new copy.  Oi, quite a painful process.