Missing plugins

Well with this pandemic, I started to digitize my old LPs. AND then I startred to create new music......   First time since 2000!!!

So I bought the following plugins:

1. Arturia Echoverb

2. Plug and Play Ambiosoniq

3. Plug and Play Echoflex

4. Artuira Mellotron

5. Plug and Play Mix E-Max

The first 3 refuse to show up in my Sonar plugins (Sonar by BandLab version: 2020.04 build 17.9 64 bit.)

The last two show up and work great.

My question is where are the plugins hiding ?

I have the following places already showing up in Sonar

C:programfiles\cakewalk\shared utilities\internal
C:programfiles(x86)\vstplugins
C:programfiles\cakewalk\vstplugins
C:programfiles\common files\vst3

IS THERE ANYWHERE ELSE I SHOULD LOOK?  THIS OLD GRAMPA THANKS YOU!!!!!!!!

24 minutes ago, chuco13 said:

Well with this pandemic, I started to digitize my old LPs. AND then I startred to create new music......   First time since 2000!!!

So I bought the following plugins:

1. Arturia Echoverb

2. Plug and Play Ambiosoniq

3. Plug and Play Echoflex

4. Artuira Mellotron

5. Plug and Play Mix E-Max

The first 3 refuse to show up in my Sonar plugins (Sonar by BandLab version: 2020.04 build 17.9 64 bit.)

The last two show up and work great.

My question is where are the plugins hiding ?

I have the following places already showing up in Sonar

C:programfiles\cakewalk\shared utilities\internal
C:programfiles(x86)\vstplugins
C:programfiles\cakewalk\vstplugins
C:programfiles\common files\vst3

IS THERE ANYWHERE ELSE I SHOULD LOOK?  THIS OLD GRAMPA THANKS YOU!!!!!!!!

If they are x64 VST2, maybe look in "C:\Program Files\VstPlugIns".

Or, if you know the plugin name, you could do a search in explorer to identify the correct path.

Otherwise,  you could run the installer again, and make note to what folder path they install the VST2 into. Some installers will make their own path. I know, crazy, right? But there are no fixed rules like with VST3 always in common files.

Once you find the correct path, make sure it  is listed in Cakewalk's VST scan paths. Then reset and scan again.

Firstly, get rid of the top row in scan paths. That is done automatically by Cakewalk. (Not Sonar 😀)

Play safe and check Rescan All Plug-ins and run Scan.

Run Utilities -> Cakewalk Plug-in Manager.
In Plug-in Categories click on VST3 instruments (VST3i).
Look in Registered Plug-ins to see if they are there.
Below the list click on Show Excluded.  Look in Registered Plug-ins to see if they are there. If so, click on each one and click the Include plug-in button below the Plug-in Categories list.
You can also check VST instruments (VSTi) in case you accidentally didn't select VST3 during installation.

If still no success, run each installer again. You can always click on Cancel just before it actually installs.
Make sure you selected VST3. (You can also leave VST selected, for just in case, but that is another story.)
Make a note of where the VSTs are being installed.
If any of these paths are missing from the VST Scan Paths list, add them.
Play safe and check Rescan All Plug-ins before running Scan.

On 5/5/2020 at 8:17 AM, chuco13 said:

1. Arturia Echoverb

There are a few issues. And, sincerely, I'm not saying all this to be pedantic, but we need to clear the waters before we can dive, so to speak.

There are companies named Arturia, Plug&Mix, and BandLab.

BandLab makes Cakewalk, which is similar to an older program called SONAR. Cakewalk is named after the company that made SONAR, which has given rise to some confusion, which we need no more of at the moment. SONAR is gone, long live Cakewalk the program.

As to your software, I think you probably meant "E-Max" rather than "Mix E-Max."

However, there is no VST plug-in on the market named "Echoverb" sold by Arturia or Plug&Mix or anyone else according to Google. Are you 100% sure you are looking for the right name in the list? I've made...just as silly errors.

From what I can gather, you have successfully installed:

Cakewalk (by BandLab)

Melllotron (by Arturia)

E-Max (by Plug&Mix)

Your issue is that you can't see Echoflex (by Plug&Mix) in Cakewalk, and perhaps one other unspecified plug-in.

(You definitely can't see Echoverb, and since it has never existed, the best solution I can offer is to just accept it)

This is actually encouraging news, because if you were able to successfully install plug-ins from both the companies you bought them from, that means that the install process for both of the companies' products works on your system. So if you just try it again for whatever product you aren't able to see in Cakewalk chances are it will work again.

Also: Mellotron, excellent choice.

These are common ones to add to your scan path:

• C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins
  • C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins

and if you've got any NI stuff (e.g. Kontakt)

• C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 64 bit