SF2 files

brandon

1 hour ago, brandon said:

Hi - would it be fair to say that a 32bit SF2 (soundfont) file could not possibly play through SFZ  in CbB? I have tried without any success.

I'm assuming that you are referring to the player as being 32 vs 64 bit.   I believe the soundfont file does not come in a 32 or 64 bit version . . .  it is just a file to load into the player (which could be a 32 or 64 bit application). 

So as long as the player matches your installation (64 bit), the file should load.  If the app (SFZ Player) is 32 bit, you may have to update the player (or to a player) that is 64 bit.  If need to use a 32 bit version . . .  then that could be problematic because you will need to use another program to run it (such as BitBridge) in CbB.

Do note that the soundfont file can be *.sf2 or *.sfz.  sfz is a compressed format and not all players can play them (decompress).

Hope that helps . . .   If you do a search on the forum . . . there are several threads about Soundfonts and players.

If you still need help . . .  It would be advisable to include specific info as to what you are trying to do and what your failure mode is . . .  I'm sure some will be able to chime in and help

What player ?

What font file?

What error if any?  What is the failure mode  . . .

Syphus