Mouse Wheel zoom settings

winkpain

Question

The issue of mouse wheel zoom, specifically in the PRV,  has come up before and is currently discussed here -

And the  simple question it has brought up that I want to put to this Q&A here is:

Why can't the Mouse Wheel Zoom settings apply to the PRV as well as the Track view ??  Does anyone know a reason?

2 answers to this question

I am the OP on the subject (as of late at least), as you may already know. This doesn't solve anything but just to put it out there, I have used another DAW called Waveform 10 and the timeline zoom vs the PRV zooms are actually both completely different operations (which is even more frustrating than different zoom levels for each). So maybe it's just inherent in DAWs that these two seemingly related operations are completely separate.

27 minutes ago, Helos Bonos said:

I am the OP on the subject (as of late at least), as you may already know. This doesn't solve anything but just to put it out there, I have used another DAW called Waveform 10 and the timeline zoom vs the PRV zooms are actually both completely different operations (which is even more frustrating than different zoom levels for each). So maybe it's just inherent in DAWs that these two seemingly related operations are completely separate.

Yes, I know. I'm just asking my own question which came up for me while taking part in your discussion as to why the mouse wheel zoom settings don't apply in full PRV and, indeed, if it is a necessity that they need to be different, like you noticed in Waveform 10. 

For sure I don't get it. I can, for example maximize a MIDI track in Track view, choose Notes in the Edit Filter to show the inline PRV and use mouse wheel zoom here and it does honor the settings, where switching to the full PRV does not.

Just curious if anyone in the know has an A for this Q

• Like 1