How To Install & Load Theme In Cakewalk By BandLab

Jim Fogle

I'm new to Cakewalk by BandLab,  Will someone provide a step-by-step guide explaining  how to (1) properly install a new theme file onto my computer and (2) change a theme in Cakewalk by BandLab.

Until now I mostly used Music Creator 6.  I purchased Sonar Home Studio about a month before Gibson stopped development so I really haven't learned much about SHS or CbB.

Thank you in advance for your consideration at sharing your time and knowledge.

The theme editor is only needed to create or modify an existing theme. It is not necessary if one only want to use themes.

The theme editor install details are in this post

To add a user theme to CbB, copy the .sth file into Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Themes. By default this folder is in the root of C drive.

Once added to the "Cakewalk Themes" folder,  user themes are loaded into CbB in preferences.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not wishing to step on scooks toes here but as I've already created a step by step document about this for my group, I may as well share. There's a few more steps explained for finding and selecting the Theme in Cakewalk Preferences, just in case anything is still unclear to you. Click -->   An Introduction to Cakewalk Themes and How To Use Them In Cakewalk

• Like 1

Thank you Steve and Matthew.  Both responses answered my questions.  I REALLY hope a forum moderator will make this message thread a sticky note or add a combination of your answers to the support webpage as a frequently asked question.

I've got a feeling many other users that are new to CbB will have the same questions.

Matthew, I don't have a Facebook account and was not aware of your Facebook group so I appreciate you sharing the link to your article  in this forum thread.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...