Acoustica Pianissimo

cclarry

15 hours ago, cclarry said:

The product page says:

Convert LPs Cassettes to CD / MP3 (Instant Download)

And the description matches it.

"Spin It Again is the easiest way to convert Your LPs and Cassettes to CD and MP3. Remember all those 'oldies but goodies'? They just don't make those classic vinyl LPs and cassette tapes on CD. Well, dust off your old 33's, 45's & 78's, because Acoustica's Spin It Again™ can easily record any vinyl LP to CD or cassette to MP3. Not only will our software make the whole recording and track dividing process child's play, but it will also dramatically clean your recordings by getting rid of click and pop record noise, or by removing hiss and hum off old cassettes. You can also record your LP collection and cassettes to your iPod or portable MP3 player! So let your music come to life and Spin-It-Again™! If you have a Windows computer with a soundcard you're ready to use our software!"

No mention of the Mixcraft Pro Studio being included.

1 minute ago, Sam S said:

Are there two pages for Pianissimo? Both your and Larry's links are leading to a Pianissimo listing.

Seems to be.  I sent an email to ProAudioStar to make them aware of it.

• Great Idea 1

Actually, if I paid the $19 and they gave me Spin it! instead of 
Pianissimo...they'd have to give me Pianissimo...so it's probably
supposed to be Spin It for $19....but you' d have a legitimate gripe
if they tried to weasel out....

• Like 1

On 5/5/2020 at 6:55 AM, cclarry said:

it's probably
supposed to be Spin It for $19

Probably Pianissimo. I'm familiar with the doings over at Acoustica and I know that Spin It hasn't been touched in at least half a dozen years and they've never included it in any kind of promotion in the past half dozen years either. I think it's not really a live product. I also don't think it's worth $19, or even a fraction of that.

Pianissimo, on the other hand is a very nice-sounding, very easy on the CPU virtual piano made by combining sampling and modeling. twenty bucks is a rather good deal for it. And with IK Multimedia giving the superb Berlin Piano away for free with SampleTank 4 CS, I can see where they might feel the need to be more competitive on the price. And to clarify for those who may have misunderstood what Larry said: when you purchase a license for Mixcraft Pro Studio, Pianissimo is one of the bundled instruments. That's how I became familiar with it. I have a friend who bought an upgrade license from Mixcraft to Pro solely to get the Pianissimo license, although I don't think he minds having the Melodyne Essentials. Mixcraft has a few juicy features that would be sweet to have with Cakewalk. The integrated phrase sampler and performance panel are really useful, and their new vocoder looks cool. Not locked to Mixcraft Pro Studio either, far as I can tell.