EZ Drummer 2 Didn't Integrate

Richard Strickland

Question

I recently installed EZ Drummer 2 on my computer and I have no issues using it in standalone mode, but if I create an instrument track in Cakewalk there isn't an option to open EZD2. I still have the old options to open SI Drums, Addictive Drums, etc. I apologize if this has been asked before or if I missed it in the reading material, but can somebody please explain how to integrate the software? Thanks.

1 answer to this question

It's likely that you didn't install EZ Drummer into the default location that Cakewalk scans for VST plugins (C:program files\cakewalk\vstplugins). You'll need to find the path where the .dll file for EZ Drummer did install to, then add that path to the VST Settings tab of the Preferences in Cakewalk. Check for places like C:\program files\steinberg\vst plugins or C:\program files\vstplugins or C:\program files\common files\vst2.

Just be sure not to add something like "C:\" to the scan path because it'll hit a lot of things that .dll files, but not plugins and cause your scan to be slow and have problems.