Horrific Audio Glitch

I would recommend trying the following:

1. Save a copy of your project without any events (ctrl-A; delete). This is for debugging purposes.

2. Arm for recording the track that has exhibited problems, and record a stretch of audio (I don't even think you need to supply input; dead air or room noise would be fine).

3. If you don't get any audio glitches recorded (and they should stand out given the severity of the ones in your sample) then repeat (2) for a few more times.

4. If you don't get audio glitches, then this may be related to the size of your project and pulling data off the hard drive to play back as you're recording. That's a data point.

5. if you DO experience glitches, then repeat (2) again as well, this time to verify that it occurs in a consistent location, or is random

6. Now try (5) again, this time with the Global ByPass FX button engaged in the control bar.

• 2 months later...
On 6/15/2020 at 3:51 AM, Lance Jones said:

The fact that it is in  certain areas tells me that a plugin may be causing it. Maybe you have a demo plugin in the project? Have you tried holding down shift when loading the project and saying no to all plugins and then trying to record to see if the glitch is gone?

Hi @Lance Jones Old post revived, yes. I could not solve the problem and became tired of it so I gave up. But I need to finish this song. So I opened it again tonight and now there are NO PLUGINS at all on any of my 50 tracks. Months ago, I must have tried your suggestion of holding down shift. Did this prevent the plugins from loading or just disable them? Is there any way to get them to load again?

• 2 weeks later...

Woh.... it sounds like you saved the project without any plugins loaded without a backup?

My suggestions was to trouible shoot. Whenever troubleshooting a porject, you always want to save it as a new name so you have a backup of the poriginal...

If so, no way to get them back unless you manually insert them.

That sucks man... but I have done this before. You can revive it. Just buckle down and get in there man.

Sorry to hear about this.

Lance

On 9/10/2020 at 3:14 PM, Colin Nicholls said:

More importantly, @Helos Bonos, do you you still hear the audio glitch in the project with no plugins?

Yeah, it's still there. I think I'm just gonna bounce everything to stems and move on to Reaper. The glitch might not be a CbB problem but I've been wrestling with CbB for a few songs already. It's just really clunky, unintuitive, and hard to use. I'm done with it.

9 minutes ago, Helos Bonos said:

Yeah, it's still there. I think I'm just gonna bounce everything to stems and move on to Reaper. The glitch might not be a CbB problem but I've been wrestling with CbB for a few songs already. It's just really clunky, unintuitive, and hard to use. I'm done with it.

Different Strokes, Helos. I hope you have a glitch-free experience with Reaper.

• Like 1