Playback Issues with Laptop Speakers, and exporting

Jon

Heya, I'm a newbie to simple home audio recording(pardon me if the terminology is wrong in this post) and I just started with Cakewalk today.  Pretty awesome I must say.

To start, I am playing an electric guitar through a Scarlett Solo 2nd gen interface and have recorded a couple projects in Cakewalk using TH3 for guitar effects.  I have windows 10 with the right drivers for my interface.  After some trial and error I managed to record some test projects, one with one guitar track, and another project with 2 tracks.  I am having a few problems but my main one is hearing my recordings through my laptops speakers when I unplug the interface.

When my interface is connected I can hear it all through my headphones connected to my interface.  When I unplug the interface and open the project I get a couple error notifications(screenshots below), one says "there are no audio devices for the current driver model on your system, go to preferences to choose a different driver model" upon opening.  The other says "the following tracks and buses are currently assigned to a hardware output...will be silent until assigned to another hardware output".

So without the interface connected, everything is silent and I can't find my "Realtek speakers" in audio output preferences, or output dropdown menu in the track.  In the track output dropdown, the options are 'master', 'metronome', 'preview', 'bus d', etc, and no sound plays for anything.  I can only listen to the project when my interface is connected and my headphones are hooked up.  Any way to fix this?

Secondly, I exported the project as a wav file, but the guitar sound is without the TH3 effects, this just a clean guitar sound.  For the project with 2 guitar tracks, my friend said I'd probably have to create a 3rd track and bus the 2 guitar tracks to it, and then export that track?

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Screenshot (80).png

Screenshot (82).png

Screenshot (79).png

Edited by Jon
wrong screenshot

With Cakewalk you should always use your ASIO interface. It will get pissed if you don't. If you want to hear what your song sounds like through the crappy laptop speakers then export the song and play it in media player with Cakewalk closed and the interface unplugged. 

49 minutes ago, scook said:

The initial error message suggests changing the Driver Mode. This is located in preferences

When using the internal sound chip try one of the WASAPI modes if running Win10, WDM for other OSes and last choice is MME

Dialogs2.053.1.png

Excellent! Seems to have worked, I hadn't tried those and wasn't sure what everything was.  I appreciate the help, cheers

55 minutes ago, John Vere said:

With Cakewalk you should always use your ASIO interface. It will get pissed if you don't. If you want to hear what your song sounds like through the crappy laptop speakers then export the song and play it in media player with Cakewalk closed and the interface unplugged. 

Yea, I have some decent Harman/Kardon speakers to listen on, but when I exported the song all I got was a clean guitar sound, no distortion or anything.  Any idea how to export as it sounds in Cakewalk?