Sound dummy needs help in capturing a sound live...

I'm by no means a sound engineer, but I know my instruments. My upright bass has a good sound but I'm still not happy with the sound capture. I've recorded using a Realist Pickup for Acoustic Upright Bass....no likey. Then I tried a Micro-Gooseneck by Myers Pickups.....still no likey. I thought to myself, why don't it sound like an upright? Those P/U's make my upright sound like I'm playing an EUB. Then I googled recording upright bass and found this video:  https://youtu.be/EhdkYCDiB9Q

Definitely helped me out, (especially the foam around the mic in the bridge), but I could not afford to buy a high end condenser mic like the one in the video, (luckily the budget SM-57 I do own).  After doing some more googling I was convinced even a budget cheapy condenser mic will do the trick. Tried my MXL-V57M condenser with the Sure SM57 onto two separate tracks and BAM! I got close enough to be happy now!  Recording and capturing the live upright sound is solved.

But here's where I'm not so happy anymore.....I liked it so much, that I want to be able to duplicate that sound live with just the two mics and a duel mic pre-amp so that I can patch it into my amp. Here's my gear: An upright, (obviously), the Sure SM57, the MXL condenser mic, an M-Audio DMP3 Dual Mic PreAmplifier, and a GK MB-112 Combo bass amp. I'll be using a mono splitter cable which haven't gotten yet to patch into my amp. I'm I in the right direction?

Bass Clip.mp3