Syntronik vs. Syntronik Samples in Sampletank

On 5/4/2020 at 3:40 AM, Skyline_UK said:

I've only just bought the entry level Sample Tank 4, and was probably going to download the free Syntronik.  But am I seeing here that Syntronik sounds are actually comprised of sounds I already have in ST4, so I don't really need it?

Syntronik is not included in SampleTank 4 and uses its own samples.  Please run the official installer for Syntronik and its sounds and if you have issues the support team can help at the link posted above.  Thank you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Using the official installers should require no scripting, should see the multis for the appropriate product, etc.  If you are not experiencing this, please let IK Support know at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/ and they will be able to assist you and get you where you need to be.

As far as general installation comments, we have posted in multiple places that a new download/install/authorization manager is coming.  Stay tuned for news on that.

If you aren't having problems but are requesting features, the official wish list threads on the IK Forum are where those can be posted and seen by the right people.

Thank you.

Peter, thanks for the response! Always appreciate your efforts to bring a better experience to the user community here!

With all due respect, I realize your time is limited, so I will recap the conclusion we reached in this thread regarding the main topic: the issue with Syntronik multis in ST4.

• We used the official ST4 installers, and they are all present and accounted for. With one quirk. They install the Syntronik multis by default with ascending MIDI channel numbers for the individual multi parts. i.e., ch 1, 2, 3, & 4. I have installed the latest multis and instrument sounds. We can only get to where we need to be by manually editing the Syntronik multis for use by ST4, setting all parts back to MIDI channel 1.
  • In comparison, the Syntronik multis when used in ST3, are installed with all parts using MIDI ch 1. That is the only way that the multis can work correctly out of the box, with all parts responding on the same channel to the same MIDI controller.
  • But by default, using the the same multi within ST4 results in only part #1 playing, while the rest remain silent, because they are not assigned to MIDI ch 1. The multis can be manually edited to achieve this, but that really shouldn't be necessary.

I am as surprised by this as you might be right now, as these multis have been available for some time. I hadn't noticed this quirk until @David Baay pointed it out. The other multis (non-Syntronik) supplied with ST4 appear to be correct, at least as far as the ones I've looked at. Perhaps folks are still mainly using the Syntronik UI for these multis, I don't know.

Steps to recreate the issue:

1. Start SampleTank 4.

2. Open any Syntronik Multi.

3.  Only the first part, assigned to MIDI ch 1, will respond (assuming that your controller is sending on ch 1).

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

As an example, here are the channel assignments for parts in the 4-layer Indie Drone.st3m. They should all be channel '0' to work properly in ST4:

<MultiPath>/Volumes/BACKUP/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 3/Multis/Syntronik/J-60/Indie Drone.st3m</MultiPath>

-<Part0>

<MIDIChannel>0</MIDIChannel>

-<Part1>

<MIDIChannel>1</MIDIChannel>

-<Part2>

<MIDIChannel>2</MIDIChannel>

-<Part3>

<MIDIChannel>3</MIDIChannel>

• Thanks 1