Cakewalk thinks I have different audio interface

Anya Kinsella

Question

Hi All,

Hope you are all keeping safe and well.  I recently have purchased the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 audio interface and have been happy with it.  I have recorded using Ableton Live Lite and with Cakewalk to explore which I prefer.  Leaning towards Cakewalk.  However, when I try to record in Cakewalk from the 2nd input on my Scarlett, I can't.  In preferences, Cakewalk only offers a single input Focusrite as an option.  Ableton recognises the 2i2 model and accepts either input.  This is a problem.  I have been to the troubleshooting page and followed the advice which included the instructions to change driver mode, but that is already set to ASIO.  Can anyone help?    Thank you.

4 answers to this question

Cakewalk is probably only showing you a single stereo input.

Go to Preferences->Audio->Devices and check "Show Mono Outputs"

You'll then see 3 inputs:  one for the Left input (channel 1), one for the Right input (channel 2) and one for both inputs (stereo)

On 5/3/2020 at 3:54 PM, msmcleod said:

That's fine as the 2i2 only has 1 x stereo pair.

However, when you go to your track inputs you'll now get the choice of choosing the channels:

image.png.5d9580c149af4d92e3fdaa270f654f0f.png

You are right!  That is fabulous!  Thank you!  I can get on with the fun stuff now!  Thank you very much - I am very grateful!