Watching the Black

Wookiee

I hope that's your voice, what a treat to hear a vocal in your work! It sounds good in this! Keep it coming! the delay is perfect for this Floydish tune.

Overall I found the volume of this track on the low side, anyone else? Or am I going deaf?

What?

anyway I liked it!

cheers,

-Tom

• Thanks 1

@emeraldsoul Thanks Tom, yes it is the voice of The Wookiee, thought I should try practising singing (😎) in an Earth native language to see if that removed the lethal side-effects of the normal Wookiee language, it appears to have worked as you have survived. 

Thank you for your ears and kind words, will have to see lyrics are not something that come to me that often.  I get inspired by a word or a comment that sets me off on a musical path.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

for this Floydish tune

very Pinkish indeed!

6 hours ago, Wookiee said:

yes it is the voice of The Wookiee

Well done, good on ya Wookiee!

AAA++++ here...

t

I'd add two snaps and a backfield in motion

but don't stop there!

• Haha 1

hey wookiee! a straight up song format, with lyrics! heheh, you should do more of these,

the length is perfect, and could easily be attached to a longer instrumental piece.

the guitar sound is very similar to tones from early genesis,

i clue in on the straight notes with no vibrato.

the snare could take a bigger verb or room sound,

but not too obvious.

this one is good to go, basically,

thanks for sharing that.

• Thanks 1

@batsbrew thanks Bat's, GR 5 Hotsolo + preset tweaked, my Les Paul.  Kit was SD3 Rock Warehouse no special FX but those in the default, room feeds and a little bit of my normal Global reverb for glue.

Glad you liked it more will come when it finds me. ;)  

Wookiee speaks (!) ---- or ----- sings and doggone good it is.  Let's have some more of that.  This also strikes me as a Pink Floyd sounding song.  Psychedelic, a bit dark, and yes , experimental.  I think that this song really demonstrates your ability to reach into new areas and come up with some great music.  Nice one!!!!

• Thanks 1

Hi Wookie

Like this, my sort of music - ah I remember the days looking at the cover of the latest   Floyd /  Gong / Magma / Amon Dull vinyl   alum , passing around the communal cigarette,  and discussing the  virtues   of the music -  or hopefully the lack of virtue of my latest potential girl friend!!!!!!!!!

Love it

Great job

Nigel

• Thanks 1

Wookie
Whoa I didn't realize I was in Danger listening to the Wookie voice. Yeah, very Floydish it is. I like it. Pretty cool delay you have going on the vocal along with some extreme panning. Very laid back tune and well mixed. Sounds good.

• Thanks 1

@bjornpdx It is a known fact that Wookiee signing is lethal to all none Wookiee life forms with in a Par Sec.  But it appears it is only when we sing (if that is what you care to call it) in our Native tongue. ;) 😎

Thanks for the listen and comment.