Copying audiosnap corrected track (split clips) from one project to another

Hello,

I've been working on one project where I've corrected a drum track using AudioSnap by splitting the original track into clips. I wanted to use this drum track on a different project, as the two projects are close in tempo (but not the same) and in style, and the band never came around to record a drum track for the second project.

I wanted to keep the split clips in the track and copy it in this state (as I might need to adjust various individual beats/clips) to the second project, following this guide I found:

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=SONAR X2&language=3&help=Recording.35.html

The original wav source in the first project was around 43 MB - when copying the track with its split clips to second project it created individual wav files for each of the copied clips in the second projects audio folder - each with a size of 43 MB.

I was expecting the copied track to look like its source, with one wav file that is split in clips. Is there some way to accomplish this, so that there's not an excess of wav files in the audio folder taking up space?

Deselect "Copy all audio with project"  in the "Save As" dialog. There is no requirement for "Save As" to always copy clips when creating a new project and the new project may even reside in the same folder as the original.

In the track view Apply Trimming crops clips to the size used in the project.

May want to experiment with both of these on a copy of the project to see how the work.