One song keeps crashing CW

OldNick

Question

I saved a song this morning in order to close CW and my PC....actually it did not need saving, I closed down CW and it just closed. I had saved the sing before I left a session.

Anyhoo... when I rebooted my PC and opened CW, I then selected the song. It repeatedly froze CW, until I asked to Exit, at which stage the "Cakewalk has stopped working...search for a solution or close the programme. CW would then generate a report.

I tried another song, and the problem was gone.

Is there any way to recover what seems to be a corrupted file?

Thanks for any help.

4 answers to this question

If there is an autosave copy or versions either copy them somewhere else (so they don't get overwritten) or rename the bad project file. Then try opening the bad project in safe mode by holding down the SHIFT key while opening it.

12 hours ago, Nigel Mackay said:

Look for an autosave copy in the project folder, you might be lucky.

Thanks for chiming in

ME? Lucky! HAH!....all of which is to say no there was no autosave file.

There probably should be. :(

7 hours ago, scook said:

If there is an autosave copy or versions either copy them somewhere else (so they don't get overwritten) or rename the bad project file. Then try opening the bad project in safe mode by holding down the SHIFT key while opening it.

Thanks for the input, scook.

Rant on. This has really played with my head

Hmmmm. Unfortunately after I tried that, CW won't even start :(

OOOOOKAYY. I tried 4-5 times, and just tried again up she comes! It's playing with me.

I had an instrument  in Dimentia Pro and it could not find its sample. (???)

AAAAARGGH! I still had the same multisample missing message, but the file loaded. Talk about a rat in a maze.

Maybe the opening safe mode did something. Anyway. Thanks for the support. Realy appreciate it from both of you. 

Edited by OldNick
  • Thanks 1