Snap to Grid Options Not Applying/Sticking

Zaquria

The 'Snap to Grid' options do not keep once applied.

If I change the Landmark "Snap to Grid Options" and click Apply they will stay that way for the rest of the Project Session. Once I restart Cakewalk and load up a project, all the lanmark settings are unchecked.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/2/2020 at 8:43 PM, zaquria said:

The 'Snap to Grid' options do not keep once applied.

If I change the Landmark "Snap to Grid Options" and click Apply they will stay that way for the rest of the Project Session. Once I restart Cakewalk and load up a project, all the lanmark settings are unchecked.

Bump.

Can someone please let me know if the "Snap to Grid" settings in Preferences have changed to a "Project level" only or are still Global?

Everytime I open a project I have to continually reset the Snap to Grid settings and the Snap to Grid Settings only show in Preferences if I have a project open. Is this a bug or by design please?

I have noticed this issue as well and brought it up, specifically with the snap to zero crossings setting which I prefer to have always set on (its default is off).

Yes, these Snap settings do seem to be a per-project setting even tho it is not called out as such. A "work-around" I have done is to re-save all my templates, especially the "Empty" template with my chosen Snap settings so as to have them at my preferred defaults. But still, opening new projects not from a template, or existing projects without snap settings having been set to preferred before saving will revert those settings.

5 hours ago, winkpain said:

I have noticed this issue as well and brought it up, specifically with the snap to zero crossings setting which I prefer to have always set on (its default is off).

Yes, these Snap settings do seem to be a per-project setting even tho it is not called out as such. A "work-around" I have done is to re-save all my templates, especially the "Empty" template with my chosen Snap settings so as to have them at my preferred defaults. But still, opening new projects not from a template, or existing projects without snap settings having been set to preferred before saving will revert those settings.

Thank you for the answer regarding this.

I have 100's of different projects and I really do not want to have to continually redo my Snap to Grid setting for each one. To me this is a set and forget as I use this Globally.

1 hour ago, zaquria said:

Thank you for the answer regarding this.

I have 100's of different projects and I really do not want to have to continually redo my Snap to Grid setting for each one. To me this is a set and forget as I use this Globally.

I agree with you - should be set and forget. Fortunately, if you have set it and saved all those projects with it set, you're good.

I do believe this is the way it's been for a while. I wish it would be changed as well.

If you're intent on always using a singular snap setting, I'd suggest turning off Smart Grid (which dynamically sets the snap value), then save the project as a template so every new project created will persist that. Otherwise it's a matter of saving it per project, but if you start with your own template, you can just roll with it moving forward.

33 minutes ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

If you're intent on always using a singular snap setting, I'd suggest turning off Smart Grid (which dynamically sets the snap value), then save the project as a template so every new project created will persist that. Otherwise it's a matter of saving it per project, but if you start with your own template, you can just roll with it moving forward.

What was the reason behind this change?

I have literally 100's of different projects, and this means lots of more work for me having to setup the exact same options which I would have used for each project.

With all due respect, I shouldn't have to to do what you are suggesting. Why can't you add a option to allow me to use the same settings 'Snap' settings globally and save myself and other time wasted by having to redo the same thing over and over?