CbB Track Arranger feature is Awesome!!!

jesse g

Personally I don't really see myself having much use for it, but at least this guy knows how to make a video watchable. I started watching another one a few days ago and that guy was so long winded that I never even made it as far as him actually showing what it did.

• Haha 1

I've been using it pretty extensively, but not for the "arrangements" feature.

The main two applications I've been using it for are:

• As a navigation / cue tool - I name the sections with the first few words of the vocals to be sung, so not only can I easily navigate via the inspector, it's a good cue to remind me what part I'm about to sing as the now time approaches the section in the arranger track.
  • As an editing tool - being able to copy/move everything around without having to resort to copy/cut/paste special makes editing much quicker.
  • Great Idea 3

5 hours ago, msmcleod said:

As a navigation / cue tool - I name the sections with the first few words of the vocals to be sung, so not only can I easily navigate via the inspector, it's a good cue to remind me what part I'm about to sing as the now time approaches the section in the arranger track.

I get around that issue by getting Rihanna's lyric writers to write my lyrics.😀

I love the new arranger feature. I watched the Creative Sauce arranger video. It was worth watching to see Mike acting like a clown playing that radio demo or whatever it was.

I have a unique ability to take something that's supposed to be simple and mucking it up in some way. I was sliding things around in the arranger and my parts were all cut up and moved around in bad ways. I almost wore out CTRL+Z to the point that Microsoft is ready to levy a fee on me for over use.I did it so much that now when I sleep at night instead of ZZZZZZZzzzzzzz, it's CTRL+ZZZzzzzzzzzzz.

Once I learn what not to do I'll be ok. That might be awhile. Admittedly, I didn't read the directions yet. That usually takes the fun out of the whole process.

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Starise said:

I love the new arranger feature. I watched the Creative Sauce arranger video. It was worth watching to see Mike acting like a clown playing that radio demo or whatever it was.

I have a unique ability to take something that's supposed to be simple and mucking it up in some way. I was sliding things around in the arranger and my parts were all cut up and moved around in bad ways. I almost wore out CTRL+Z to the point that Microsoft is ready to levy a fee on me for over use.I did it so much that now when I sleep at night instead of ZZZZZZZzzzzzzz, it's CTRL+ZZZzzzzzzzzzz.

Once I learn what not to do I'll be ok. That might be awhile. Admittedly, I didn't read the directions yet. That usually takes the fun out of the whole process.

Unchecking the "Select Events with Sections" option under the Track View "Options" menu is a real time saver if you only want to do section operations. 

When it's unchecked, it won't change your clips when doing section operations.

• Thanks 1

Although a nice implementation, kudos Noel, I still prefer the Studio One Pro approach. Example: TV has AABACABB

I SO4P as you decide to dele the 2nd A it is removed from entirely from the TV. If you add a 2nd A after the first B your TV is now ABAACABB.

IOW TV is always what you want.  I prefer to see TV that way instead of the CbB way of jumping around.

To each his own though.

The "one up" CbB has is the availability of different versions until you commit. That's pretty cool although it's not my workflow.

2 hours ago, Bapu said:

I don't think he'd wanna play my guitars. One of 'em only has five strings.

IOW it's broken.

Well, my Electric Guitar only has one string remaining after my son and his friend got finished thrashing with it,     I was  so mad at him, I gave him the guitar and  went out and purchased a Bass.   He's grown now, however, when he comes over to visit,  I refuse to let him touch the bass guitar to this day.

• Great Idea 1

13 hours ago, paulo said:

I don't think he'd wanna play my guitars. One of 'em only has five strings.

8 hours ago, Bapu said:

IOW it's broken.

Yes, this happened also to one of my guitars! So I had to buy a new one! 😁

• Great Idea 1

I remember way back around Sonar 4 release, having discussions with Ron Kuiper about a feature request for a composition organiser based around using markers to define regions which could in turn be used like a play list for auditioning parts in selected orders. 

it just seemed so obvious at the time but it never happened... until now sort of. 

Edited by Michael Vogel ( MUDGEL)