MIDI notes hanging?

Just lately I have been having this random issue where MIDI notes are just hanging, requiring a MIDI reset using the reset midi/audio button. I have tried it now with three different controllers and with three different VSTs. Has anyone else had this happen recently?

Thanks

• 1 year later...

I'm having the same issues.

I was playing an Alesis QS 6.2 keyboard using the MIDI out to the MIDI in of a Yamaha Motif Rack connected to the recording computer USB.

I now have a Roland GO:PIANO88 straight to the recording computer USB and still have stuck notes with some regularity. 

What is still the same is Cakewalk routing to the Motif Rack which plays the sounds.  But I expect stuck notes would continue even if I was routing to plug-in after having read your original post.  The stuck notes are NOT on the recorded MIDI tracks.  Only when I play along on a separate "live" track.

Not the same note getting stuck.  after stopping sequence, played same note to resend off command. Still rings.  Tried the sustain pedal.  Still rings.

Only fix so far is resetting MIDI audio, or resetting Motif Rack.

I'm still on Cakewalk v2021.01 and just yesterday plugged a MIDI keyboard in and experienced the hanging notes. Was blaming the keyboard, the sustain pedal wire, the neighbors, anything really. You think it's a Cakewalk issue? Never experienced this before. Or maybe it's a Window issue? Idk.

• 11 months later...