How to connenct yamaha cp-33 with Cakewalk?

Fadetogrey

Question

Hello, this is my first post, can someone help me?

i try to connect my yamaha cp33 with cakewalk on my windows7 notebook but i do not how to do, i've installed the driver, i've used the usb port of the notebook to connect the notebook via midi with the yamaha but it does not work.

previously i've used the same pc with the same cable connected with a honer keyboard and it was perfect.

May be that i've to set something but i'm an absolute beginner, so please help me.

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

well (thanks for your help)

notebook usb port -> yamaha cp 33 midi in & out port connected

In preference ->midi -> the box [usb midi] is checked in the input section

In output the box flagged is Microsoft GS Wavetable synt

Are you intending to use Cakewalk to play the sound on the piano itself?

If so, then you need to make sure that the CP 33 shows up in both input and output in preferences | MIDI | devices and are selected.

The Microsoft GS Wavetable synth is a method of playback that uses your notebook for the sounds. However you probably will not want to use this - so deselect this.  Cakewalk by Bandlab does provide a much better synth for this purpose (TTS-1)

Then you need to create a MIDI track - setting the CP 33 as both input and output.  Once you have your MIDI track, press "i" in the computer keyboard - this opens what is called the inspector.  Down the bottom, under "In / Out",  make sure the CP 33 is selected

Also, make sure  input echo is lit (that's the symbol to the immediate right of the "M" "S" and arm button( red dot) - just above the "Pan" knob.

If this is set up correctly, when you play notes on the CP 33, you should see activity on the MIDI track's meter - and hear notes on the CP 33.  It's also possible you might have to turn Local OFF on the CP 33.  (See page 31 of the user guide)