Omnisphere 2 $455 free shipping at B&H

Spice3d

22 minutes ago, James Foxall said:

As long as that product has been out you would think they'd be at a point of dropping the price.

It makes you wonder how many they would move if this went down to the $199-$250 range...

That's one thing I haven't seen.  Spectrasonics NEVER drops their price...

42 minutes ago, James Foxall said:

As long as that product has been out you would think they'd be at a point of dropping the price.

It makes you wonder how many they would move if this went down to the $199-$250 range...

I've always thought 'one day, I'm going to get Omnisphere', but that pricing always  turned me away. 

Are there any other products that can compare to Omnisphere or is it still holding up?

34 minutes ago, Mesh said:

I've always thought 'one day, I'm going to get Omnisphere', but that pricing always  turned me away. 

Are there any other products that can compare to Omnisphere or is it still holding up?

Just about anything.

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

That's one thing I haven't seen.  Spectrasonics NEVER drops their price...

Because I'd bought quite a few things from them, I managed to get 20% off the boxed versions of Omni 1 and Trilian when bought together from a retail store that is no longer in business who claimed that was virtually the price that they paid for them from their wholesaler (Time & Space). No idea if that was true or not, but they were quite reluctant to give me that price and I don't think that I would have got it had it not been for my previous purchases and the obvious hope that there may be more to come in future, which there would have been had they remained open.

Totally worth it though and personally I prefer knowing that it's not going to be half the price 2 months after you bought it. They usually throw in some pretty significant upgrade versions too, so all in all its not a bad deal when you consider what you are getting. The only thing that is disappointing to me is that they don't consider already owning two of their products to be worth anything if buying a third, which is the main reason I only have two and their policy of not allowing upgrade pricing on physical media, although I did eventually upgrade Omni to latest version after a kind soul here made the big download on on crappy d/l speed problem go away.

Edited by paulo
  • Like 3

The way that I was able get it at a lower price was with a $50.00 discount coupon at Guitar Center.  I purchased Omnisphere 1 right before Omnisphere 2

was to be release and was able to upgrade to Omnsphere 2 for free. The only time I've seen it price less was with store discount coupons or you could purchase

a used license and you can still get the updates.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mesh said:

Totally worth it IMO although that price does look worse in $$ than ££. I use a little bit of it in just about everything I do, so I guess if I were to add up the cost against the many cheaper synths I have that I hardly ever use, then it starts to look like pretty decent value. Plus there's usually a significant "free" upgrade thrown in somewhere down the line and as I've said before at least you're not likely to buy it one month and see the price drop 50% a month later.

It's a shame that there isn't a demo, but I think that because it's such a beast of a thing that it would be nigh on impossible to make a demo version that would do it justice. If you're looking for the mother of all things that mimics "real" instruments then its not for you. If you're looking for the daddy of all sound design then I doubt you would be disappointed.

I would say that if you watch Eric's demo videos over the years and they make you really,really, really want it you'll be happy with what you get.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

Anyone new to computer music?
Get a keyboard, Omnisphere and Keyscape. 
Done. 

Spectrasonics doesn't need to put out a lot of products because what they have covers so much ground, so well.

Regarding Omnisphere...
It comes with a ton of presets and there are a lot of 3rd party libraries available as well.
If you want to get an idea of the sonic scope of this synth check out
https://www.theunfinished.co.uk/shop/omnisphere-bundle/

Omnisphere 2 has been updated & expanded numerous times - for free.
With many other companies the current version would now be v4 or higher and you would have had to pay for upgrades (rebuy it) several times so your total $ outlay would be several times what you initially bought in for.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, TheSteven said:

Spectrasonics doesn't need to put out a lot of products because what they have covers so much ground, so well.

Imagine a world where they made the guitar version of Trilian though............

• Like 2

1 hour ago, paulo said:

Imagine a world where they made the guitar version of Trilian though............

Drool...

What I would have saved if they had come out with that 10 years ago... 
$500 would be cheaper that just what OTS (which is mighty fine BTW) cost me...

If they ever do, it'll be a monster. 
Eric's OCD about details..

Edited by TheSteven