More free third party instruments should be added to Cakewalk| A Bandlab User's Perspective

Ewoof

10 hours ago, Dave G said:

Are you noting that TTS-1 and the Studio Instruments Suite have become available for individual/stand-alone download?

I'm not seeing them here on the BandLab Assistant screen (as you mentioned). Please clarify where these are, as I'm curious!

Click on the Apps tab in the assistant.

Then locate the dropdown menu beneath the Cakewalk by BandLab icon. The install add-ons link is found there.

I agree with what you said in this thread tbh. Its interesting that you mention ik media because I'm pretty sure that they have a decent relationships with the cakewalk devs, considering that I've seen some of the developers on this forum. Maybe they can make a special "cakewalk edition" or something lol. 

I think it would be awesome if cakewalk collaborated with the guys that made sitala. One of the problems that I have with cakewalk is that the workflow isn't the best for those who make electronic music or hip hop imo, but if the Devs could work with them and integrate the vst seamlessly with CBb's workflow, that that would be awesome. Maybe something like logic pro's 10.5 update would be cool :)

Anyways, I don't use this as my primary daw and since it's free, we can't complain too much 😊

5 hours ago, Stephen Ajewole said:

I think it would be awesome if cakewalk collaborated with the guys that made sitala. [...]

I'm one of the Sitala devs, so I thought it might be useful to chime in here.

We are right now working with tighter integration with one other DAW at the moment (mainly syncing things up so that note names show our pad names in the sequencer, and that in multi-track mode the tracks are created automatically) and we're willing to do that with more DAWs in the future.  Even before I saw this thread I'd been thinking of doing some contact spelunking to see who I might know that I could get in touch with at BandLab since we've seen a real uptick in Cakewalk usage in the past couple of months.

The current stuff we're doing is basically just a proof of concept, but effectively what we're shooting for is to create a very small API (i.e. something DAWs can implement) that extends the VST interface in a way that makes these things possible.

So, yes, this is something we're interested in.  You can go a long way with the VST interface, but there are just some things that aren't possible without adding some extensions, and that's what we're looking at for a few of the hosts that Sitala is more popular with.

• Like 1