Something NEW Coming From Spitfire May 7th

cclarry

2 minutes ago, husker said:

Last question - "What does BBC Music Mean To You"

I put "Expensive"

I was a smarta**....I said "British Broadcasting Corporation?"  LOL...then I put I could only dream of
being able to afford BBC Orchestra...

• Like 2

I don't see these new versions/update in my Spitfire Audio app yet, but I suspect the Cakewalk templates I made when BBCSO first shipped could work with these stripped down versions.

When I can get the update I'll make trim down versions of the templates for the Core and Discovery BBCSO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

I don't see these new versions/update in my Spitfire Audio app yet, but I suspect the Cakewalk templates I made when BBCSO first shipped could work with these stripped down versions.

When I can get the update I'll make trim down versions of the templates for the Core and Discovery BBCSO.

Nothing here as well.

I am glad they are including this for existing BBCSO users.
Since building my new system things have been a lot nicer and the CORE version of BBCSO does look very good for some of the things I work on most. The Mode switching is also very interesting.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Simeon Amburgey said:

Nothing here as well.

I am glad they are including this for existing BBCSO users.
Since building my new system things have been a lot nicer and the CORE version of BBCSO does look very good for some of the things I work on most. The Mode switching is also very interesting.

I know you purchased BBCSO when it was released a while back. How are you liking it?  Any improvements since released?

3 minutes ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

I know you purchased BBCSO when it was released a while back. How are you liking it?  Any improvements since released?

Well, I am not what you would call a typical orchestral arranger for sure but I have gotten used to the one instance per instrument. I think things have stayed pretty much the same with just subtle updates to the library itself. I REALLY love the Strings, especially the Con Sordino articulations, they are so glassy and beautiful. A lot of the issues I hear others mention is with the sound itself as it was recorded in the large studio space which gives the sounds a wetter feel than some are looking for. It is definitely not a dry library but very beautiful. I am also still getting used to using the controllers to work with Expression, vibrato, etc. hich I have mapped usin gmy nanoKONTROL.

Definitely more to come as I discover more.

1 hour ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Lovely Matthew, looking forward to it!

Really enjoying the BBCSO library so far. Did find there were only 3 layers on certain (most?) instruments, so hoping this will improve with this new release (up to 9 layers- but hopefully not only for triangle and snare or such 🙂

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

You can get it FREE if you fill out this survey!

https://www.spitfireaudio.com/bbc-so-discover/application/

Hmm, but it says "BBC Symphony Orchestra Discover out of your budget? Complete the questionnaire below and we'll send you a FREE download after 14 days."

So not sure if you should get if for free if you want to, or only if you have no money...

I don't feel bad about filling out the survey even though I have money.

The chances of me buying this  are  zero. I consider this a demo.  If I like it, I'll buy it. 

I've sent them large sums of money for two Spitfire libraries I've never used once.   Never even load them up to play for fun.   And Spitfire won't allow me to resell them, so that's just the way it goes. 

But in this case I do get to try it out and they get my data, and maybe my money too.  And if I like it I will praise it on forums like this.  And if I don't like it, I'll probably remove it from my hard drive like the other stuff. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1