Something NEW Coming From Spitfire May 7th

cclarry

5 hours ago, Zo said:

Regular Human prices ?

The funny thing is that people who could afford Spitfire prices already get the libraries free (for advertisment).

And having an installer with limits instead of direct download links defeats the whole purpose of an installer.
If they're that strained for bandwidth there are many ways of mitigating this.

Spitfire gives away lots of excellent instruments for FREE and they have started up a new series of $29 instruments.   So there's that.

Then they offer Academic Discounts,  have two sales each year that are generally 40% off, and then occasional deals for 50% off, and one at the end of the year that bundles three libraries for $100.   They are always messing with their pricing so get ready for some new kinds of sales in the future.  Maybe on May 7th?  😀

For me, they are the most inexpensive company in the business because I am almost certain I will never buy anything more  from them at any price, even $29. For numerous reasons that have nothing to do with my respect for the quality of what they do.  I love the ones I own.  They make beautiful libraries that I don't need going forward with my music.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 3

The announcement is coming today at 4 pm GMT,  which I think is noon my time (NYC), but the VI:Control rumor mill is buzzing.  It seems like this will be all or mainly about new versions of BBCSO. 

BBCSO CORE - Limited edition of BBCSO, probably one mic.  20+ GB or so, as opposed to the 556 GB download of the full library.   So figure this will be a lot cheaper.   Maybe something to compete with the Inspires?  If you already have the full version, you get this too.   Wonder what it will cost? 

BBCSO DISCOVER - This is really small (200 Mb), so the question is, will it be supercheap or  a cloud subscription or what?   99 euros?  Or free?   But I think this will be a way for a young composer to get into symphonic composition with either no or very little expense, which would explain its name.

There's also something called SYMPHONIC MOTIONS, which sounds like something like the Spitfire Evos or the Orchestral Tools Time libraries, probably done with the BBC orchestra. 

There is more chatter on this thread if you can't wait for the official announcement.   People are already downloading this thing, so either Spitfire has botched the announcement or they are playing people to get even more attention to this.

No matter what this is, it will change your life forever, or at least until Spitfire starts hyping a new product.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 1

How about a fix for their installer to stop messing up the libraries... :) 
Imagine buying something like Hans Zimmer Strings: an expensive, proprietary (i.e. non-Kontakt) library.
You can only download it a few times and then the installer messes it up.

DISCOVER is 200 Mb and loads up all the sections of  the orchestra.

1504351161_focalpoint.jpg.6c12ae85c26cb4522e5ed749a15cb4bc.jpg

You choose what you want by selecting one of the colored areas where the musicians are typically seated on a stage.   Once you do that, you get further opportunities to refine the sound.  In this example above, you can choose violin articulations, but with tuned percussion it is different instruments. 

93066079_tunedpercussion.thumb.jpg.d1e2cd4a1f9b933d559e7f1528d82893.jpg

To my knowledge this is the first product Spitfire has ever done that looks like it is aimed at the consumer market.  EZOrchestra.  A pro doesn't need to be told that the violins are the "focal point of the orchestra."   A kid who wants to begin learning does. 

That said it may be a really great sketching library.

I don't think this is free.  I think it is going to be a cash cow for them intended to open up an entirely new market. .  They sell strings, woods, brass, percussion for 29 euros each.    So I'm thing this will sell for around  99 euros.   Whatever it is, there will likely be an intro price.

It will also layer well with all their 29 euro libraries.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 1