SI Bass Pitch Bend

Fawudd

Question

I am new to Cakewalk and I am trying to apply pitch bend to a bass note. For the TTS Bass patches, you can specify semitones of range to easily perform an octave. For the SI-Bass, it appears to have no settings (that I can find), and seems to respond to the full range of PB with a single semitone. From reading forums, PB seems to be dependent on the virtual plugin, so I am puzzled by the lack of range/adjustability on the SI Bass instrument. Apologies if I am missing an obvious adjustment...

1 answer to this question

3 hours ago, Fawudd said:

I am new to Cakewalk and I am trying to apply pitch bend to a bass note. For the TTS Bass patches, you can specify semitones of range to easily perform an octave. For the SI-Bass, it appears to have no settings (that I can find), and seems to respond to the full range of PB with a single semitone. From reading forums, PB seems to be dependent on the virtual plugin, so I am puzzled by the lack of range/adjustability on the SI Bass instrument. Apologies if I am missing an obvious adjustment...

SI-Bass is hard coded to a 2 semi tone range for pitch bend up and down.

it does not respond to the normal RPN 0 for pitch bend range (In fact RPNs silences the synth)

If you need a higher pitch bend range, you would need to use mono mode and set the slide to something greater than 0 seconds and play legato.