12 FREE Backing Tracks from Sweetwater

cclarry

6 hours ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

🤔 User grants Content Provider an exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, royalty free license to any content created or transformed by User which incorporates Content either in whole or in part.

Your copyright are belong to us.

11 hours ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

🤔 User grants Content Provider an exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, royalty free license to any content created or transformed by User which incorporates Content either in whole or in part.

Whoever makes this policy rules should be shot in the head... sorry...

11 hours ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

This reads that the "Content Provider" gets NOTHING other than a license to the content...
It's "Royalty Free" which means that the Content Provider gets NO ROYALTIES, you just have
to "acknowledge" that they hold the license to the content in anything you create using it.  Not really
a big deal.  Just "Legal-eze" for saying "you must acknowledge us in anything you create with
these backing tracks, as we own the license to these backing tracks, but you don't have to pay
us anything".

• Like 3

14 hours ago, cclarry said:

This reads that the "Content Provider" gets NOTHING other than a license to the content...
It's "Royalty Free" which means that the Content Provider gets NO ROYALTIES, you just have
to "acknowledge" that they hold the license to the content in anything you create using it.  Not really
a big deal.  Just "Legal-eze" for saying "you must acknowledge us in anything you create with
these backing tracks, as we own the license to these backing tracks, but you don't have to pay
us anything".

Sorry, English is not my primary language, but let me quote the whole paragraph (emphasis mine):

Content Provider reserves the right to edit, modify, and/or transform any content created or transformed by User which incorporates Content either in whole or in part. Content Provider reserves the right to share any and all such content via our website, within our marketing materials, or for any other purpose at the sole discretion of Content Provider. User grants Content Provider an exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, royalty free license to any content created or transformed by User which incorporates Content either in whole or in part.

Doesn't this mean that they can basically do whatever they want with any song you use these tracks in?

Edited by Pseudopop
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Pseudopop said:

Sorry, English is not my primary language, but let me quote the whole paragraph (emphasis mine):

Doesn't this mean that they can basically do whatever they want with any song you use these tracks in?

Technically...Yes...but they're not going to get any money from doing so, whether they post it, or modify it.

8 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Maybe it's just me, but backing tracks are for practicing improvisation, so they're really not meant to be chopping up and making a whole new song out of. 😷

This ^^^ 

• Like 2

On 5/3/2020 at 7:34 AM, Carlos said:

On 5/3/2020 at 7:34 AM, Carlos said:

Maybe we could start out with a more moderate stance and work our way up if necessary.

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, BassDaddy said:

Maybe we could start out with a more moderate stance and work our way up if necessary.

The Godfather has spoken.....Guido, you know what to do on  the legs!!

• Haha 4

On 5/3/2020 at 12:22 AM, Cristian said:

Your copyright are belong to Sweetwater

Yes, it does. Anything you add becomes a "derivative" work. US Copyright law is very clear on this.
The original copyright holder is also the copyright holder of the derivative work; simples!
Don't use the tracks, if you don't like the terms...

3 hours ago, jesse g said:

Just play whatever instrument you own along with the darn  Backing Tracks and STAY IN THE HOUSE!!

Best advice!

t

• Like 4

14 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Maybe it's just me, but backing tracks are for practicing improvisation, so they're really not meant to be chopping up and making a whole new song out of. 😷

Yup, not disagreeing with you there. Just wanted to point out the draconian terms, considering that these are, IMO, comparable to loops to some extent.

• Like 2