IK All-In Analog Sale

cclarry

On 5/3/2020 at 10:17 AM, TheSteven said:

Don't have either Blue3 or IKM B3 - is IKM B3 the way to go?

I am still evaluating IKM B3X.  From what I have read on other forums, the top contenders are B3X, GG Audio's Blue 3 v2, UVI's B5 and GSI's VB3-II.  There are trial versions of IKM B3X, Blue 3 and VB3-11.  I would highly recommend you downloading all three and comparing them. 

They are all very very good, but they are different.  B3X  has a much bigger CPU hit than either Blue 3 or VB3-II.  The latter two are modeled and load very fast, but B3X takes longer to load up and to switch presets.  I have been hoping to get B3X and this price is very good; so I will probably get it.     

One thing I will say is that with both Blue 3 and VB3-II you can completely disable the leslie/cab and then use whatever other Leslie or Amp you wish; I loaded IKM's Amplitude Leslie and it sounds Great   However, on IKM's B3X you can bypass the leslie amp, but not the cabinets.  You can use either the Leslie amp or the Amplitude Amp (included) but you can not completely bypass the cabs completely.  [Edit:  This is wrong.  See Ryan's post latter in this thread].

I recommend downloading the demos and comparing them on your system.  [I wish that UVI's B5 had a trial demo, but it does not and so I can not comment on it, --others rave over it.]  Also google Blue 3, UVI B5 and IKM B3X and you will find several threads where they are compared.

Edited by Cecelius2
  • Like 1

On 5/3/2020 at 2:31 PM, Fleer said:

My present B3 configuration is GG-Audio Blue3 with IK Multimedia’s Leslie. 

I like this setup myself very much!  While GG's Spin (Leslie) is great, adding IKM's Leslie adds something really nice to Blue3 and takes it to a very similar feel and sound as B3X.  You can pretty much tweak Blue3 and get that B3X vibe by using IKM's Leslie.   If IKM was not having this sale where with Jampoints I can get it for $84, I would just use Blue3 +IKM Leslie, but for this sale price, I can not pass up this deal. 

Also, playing B3X is just fun and very full sounding.

Blue3 + IKM Leslie is still less than 1/2 the hit on the CPU compared to B3X.   I figure that I can use B3X on smaller mixes and handle the hit, but for bigger CPU demanding mixes I may use Blue3+IKM Leslie.    [Also I may use "freeze track" with B3x more so to reduce the cpu load.]

[Edit: Let add that  B3X's high CPU hit is worse when the GUI is open, but when the GUI is closed, the CPU load does drop considerably.]

Edited by Cecelius2
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

Can you guys refresh my memory as to which of these B3s are modeled and which are sample-based? Thx!

I know that GG Audio's Blue 3 and GSI's VB3-II are both modeled;  I think that UVI's B5 is a hybrid that uses Samples and some modelling, and IKM's B3X is also some kind of hybrid that uses a mixture of samples and audio processing but with only a 500mb footprint.    As I have noted in a different post, B3X, Blue 3, and VB3-II all have trial demos that you can download and try out on your system.  This way you can find which is best for your needs and system.. 

Perhaps others might want to chime in to confirm or correct this?

23 hours ago, Cecelius2 said:

IOne thing I will say is that with both Blue 3 and VB3-II you can completely disable the leslie/cab and then use whatever other Leslie or Amp you wish; I loaded IKM's Amplitude Leslie and it sounds Great   However, on IKM's B3X you can bypass the leslie amp, but not the cabinets.  You can use either the Leslie amp or the Amplitude Amp (included) but you can not completely bypass the cabs completely.  

I recommend downloading the demos and comparing them on your system.  [I wish that UVI's B5 had a trial demo, but it does not and so I can not comment on it, --others rave over it.]  Also google Blue 3, UVI B5 and IKM B3X and you will find several threads where they are compared.

The Hammond B-3X software has a CABS page with a MIXER sub-section, where you can independently control the D.I, Leslie (Amp + Cab selected in the Leslie tab), and Guitar Amp (Amp/Cab select in the Guitar Amp tab). While you can't disable the cabinet from the LESLIE tab, disabling the LESLIE section from the MIXER tab will remove both amp and cab. Hope this helps!

Just a side note (Sorry if it's a but OT), if you guys haven't checked out the overview and comparison with Hammond B-3X, check it out below.  Great jams and he goes over how it compares to a couple alternatives.

• Like 2

On 5/4/2020 at 2:15 PM, Ryan IK Multimedia said:

The Hammond B-3X software has a CABS page with a MIXER sub-section, where you can independently control the D.I, Leslie (Amp + Cab selected in the Leslie tab), and Guitar Amp (Amp/Cab select in the Guitar Amp tab). While you can't disable the cabinet from the LESLIE tab, disabling the LESLIE section from the MIXER tab will remove both amp and cab. Hope this helps!

Thanks Ryan IKM!  I am so glad you posted.  Yes you are correct, and I was wrong.  You actually can go direct out and disable cabs and amps.  I had not figured out how to select/enable the DI (by clicking the Direct tab and having it's light come on) on the Mixer section.  I was just trying to blend but had not enabled the DI itself.  I apologize for my misleading mistake.

Again, this is a GREAT sounding Hammond!  And for this price, I cannot pass it up.  Thanks again for this correction.

[Edit:  I just purchased it for $84 using my jampoints.  Thank you IKM for a delightful product and a very nice sale!]

C2

Edited by Cecelius2
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Reading about the CPU load for B-3X in multiple places scared me away from it for quite a while. But yesterday I decided to try the demo and see what happens. I could run the stand-alone application at 48k and a 32 buffer with no more than about 4.5% CPU load. Even at 96k and a 64 buffer it didn't go over 9%. Is that what other people are seeing as a high CPU load, or are they seeing significantly higher loads? My computer isn't fancy by today's standards: I7 4770k @ 3.9Ghz, 32Gb ram, a couple of SSD drives.

I didn't think the CPU load was too high, and since my crossover price with jam points came to $70, I bought it and I like it.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2020 at 11:01 AM, cclarry said:

For those that just bought the Total Studio Max, you can finish off your Syntronik
Collection by upgrading to Syntronik Deluxe for $34.99 with 15 Jampoints, which
gets you 5 more Synths
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/syntronikdeluxe/

The IK compare page https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/ts3/index.php?p=versions#compare shows that Syntronik Deluxe is included with TSM3.