Can I use an audio interface bought in Central Europe in the USA w/o a voltage converter?

I'll ask RME this too but thought I'd see if someone here knew. I know there's a different voltage requirement in say Poland or Germany than the USA. I'm just wondering if I bought an RME audio interface from ebay from someone in Central Europe, would it work in the USA w/ the USA's different voltage requirement? Like, what if someone in Switzerland bought an RME UFX from Sweetwater and someone else in NY or Oregon bought a UFX from Sweetwater.. would Sweetwater send them each a different UFX each w/ a different voltage plug or whatever or would they both get the same exact interface? I know some appliances would need a voltage converter in this case, but is that the case with an audio interface too? Hmm

Since those don't use either 120v (60Hz) or 220v (50Hz), etc., either should work just fine PROVIDED you use the correct wall power supply.  The unit says it needs 12-watts, 9-18v DC, with the center pin positive (+).  You can find a generic one that will work just fine!

Something like THIS.  (You'll just need to search for one you like.)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, craigb said:

Since those don't use either 120v (60Hz) or 220v (50Hz), etc., either should work just fine PROVIDED you use the correct wall power supply.  The unit says it needs 12-watts, 9-18v DC, with the center pin positive (+).  You can find a generic one that will work just fine!

Something like THIS.  (You'll just need to search for one you like.)

Dope, thanks 

Don't know about the UFX but my UCX came with a power supply which is rated 100-240v 50/60 hz  input and 12v 2amp output.
However I never use it since the UCX is powered by firewire connection to the computer.   I think you need the power supply if using USB.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, bjornpdx said:

Don't know about the UFX but my UCX came with a power supply which is rated 100-240v 50/60 hz  input and 12v 2amp output.
However I never use it since the UCX is powered by firewire connection to the computer.   I think you need the power supply if using USB.

Yeah, I actually meant the UCX, not the UFX. I suspect they're the same power wise 

6 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

6 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

Yeah, I actually meant the UCX, not the UFX. I suspect they're the same power wise 

Regarding the Fireface UFX ... the  UFX has an internal power supply and  has a standard IEC power connector which can accept 100VAC to 240VAC.   My UFX is an older model.  I don't know whether the AC power spec's changed with the later UFX II or UFX+ models.

Looks like the UCX has an external power supply.

FYI,  the manuals are available on the RME site.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2020 at 1:37 AM, S.L.I.P. said:

Mexican-Cowabungle.jpgsorry, I couldn't resist...

be advised that all this gets destroyed 100% and not 1 package 'dissapears' ever !

The companies that handle this are certified and checked strictly !

Edited by Sheens