Suboculis

A Different Kind of Plague (Witchcraft Rock?)

Hi, I REALLY liked this piece . . . and usually I don't go for hard drivin' stuff like this . . . but it so kept my interest, so aggressive and inventive . . . well played guitars, change ups, and interesting lyrics . . . stark video, yikes ! it's got it all . . . I am a fan of your art, thank you for sharing this on the Cakewalk songs site !

20 hours ago, Suboculis said:

Ergotism during the Salem Witch Trials

Had to look that one up! I've seen the "night shades" in action, that's not pretty.
Not sure how the video "relates" to the Witch Trials, but well done, so a thumb there for sure.
My one "crit"; this is metal right? The mix is not giving your drummer his due. Where's the kick?
That should be "kicking" me in the chest/*****...

Overall A+, but I'd like more drums in general, especially that kick.
Like another mule been kickin' in my stall

tom

• Like 1

This song and video are just right for this particular time in history.  As Tom said, the drums could have come up a tad, but overall, this is about as good as it gets for this genre.  I really was in the mood for this!

Love it! Top notch and very cool indeed, the video and the music. I knew about ergotism but didn't know its connection with the witch trials.
I checked out your sinister frogs video too. You guys deliver a message with a great sense of humor.

Have to agree with Tom (@DeeringAmps

on this, there is not enough chest collapsing kick, other than that did you have a a little ergot yourself ;) 

• Haha 1

Hi

I agree with Wookie and Tom re the kick / drums - but otherwise like the track

Cool

Nigel

We raised the kick up some on the Bandcamp link. Thanks for all the feedback!

Loved it!   Really well done all around.    The music was tight and dynamic, and the vocal distortion fit perfectly.

Speaking of fitting perfectly - were some of the video clips your own? 

Thanks, so much Harry and Steve!

Our video creator guy made that video for us using an old microfiche viewer and a lot of creativity.

On 5/2/2020 at 5:50 AM, DeeringAmps said:

My one "crit"; this is metal right? The mix is not giving your drummer his due. Where's the kick?
That should be "kicking" me in the chest/*****...

^^ this ^^