Placeholder for Studio One 5

cclarry

3 minutes ago, antler said:

To be able to put a small picture to visually describe each track strip within the mixing console

Hmmm... I'm having trouble visualizing this. It's been quite a while since I even looked a Sonar.  Do you have a screen capture or something? I'm intrigued. :)

Edited by mibby

4 minutes ago, mibby said:

Hmmm... I'm having trouble visualizing this. It's been quite a while since I even looked a Sonar.  Do you have a screen capture or something? I'm intrigued. :)

A quick example made up from a blank Cakewalk project: notice the drums and guitar icons, just below the faders

image.png.f60c2c7572effbf0ed3b0c3968750851.png

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mibby said:

Something like ProChannel would be nice too...

It sort of already has that, in that you can expand the stock plugins in the console to get a mini view of their controls

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mibby said:

But just the stock ones.

That's true for the ProChannel too though. Except for the ones that were programmed specifically for it (Overloud, Boz, Softube)
I think it relies on the plugin producer to code for the specific implementation for the DAW. Obviously the code to make a plugin work with the ProChannel was made available to developers. I'd be curious to know if the code (or formatting or whatever) to expand inserts in Studio One was made available to third-party vendors.

Edited by RSMcGuitar
I'm dumbo

13 minutes ago, pbognar said:

I remember when Studio One came out, thinking what a stupid name it was, because they'd have to change the name with every successive major update...

I agree. It's really annoying to have to say: "I use Studio One........ 4"

6 hours ago, ensconced said:

Track Icons look hideous, at least in SONAR they did.

I would be proclaiming "Say no to track icons' if it wasn't for the fact that you can choose to use them or not, so it doesn't bother me in the end 😁

So it's not a pain in the ar$e to yous?

Edited by Bapu
  • Haha 1