Placeholder for Studio One 5

cclarry

22 minutes ago, Bapu said:

I'm perfectly happy with the  likes of  SO4P stock GUI. Never felt it got in the way of making music.

Does that make me a bad person?

No. Absolutely not.

You were a bad person long before that came out.

• Haha 5

On 5/1/2020 at 4:00 PM, cclarry said:

Studio One 4 was released in May 2018...if Presonus holds true to form
Studio One 5 should drop this month!   What are you looking forward to
new feature wise?

Custom Plugin Layout 

Icons 

Better engine

No more crash on close 

CLeaning of the temp folder automatically even after crash

Monitoring section

Integration of external editor as wavelab or soundforge .

26 minutes ago, Zo said:

nothing beats reaper and samplitude in ugliness deafut skin lol reaper custoom skin saved it !!

Agreed on Reaper. Samplitude Pro X5 is not too bad. Samplitude X3 IIRC was so 1980's.

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Not sure how this could be called black... but ok 😁

Screenshot (50).png

Yep, that looks utterly disgusting to me. Black or white, it looks horrible either way. That one looks like a cheap cartoon.

• Like 1

I've grown accustomed to the studio one interface but wish they would expand the color choices with a wheel or sliders. It should also allow for changing the color used to highlight the current tool/tabs etc.  At least for me, not being able to change from that blue color limits the other choices I can make.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rcklln said:

I've grown accustomed to the studio one interface but wish they would expand the color choices with a wheel or sliders. It should also allow for changing the color used to highlight the current tool/tabs etc.  At least for me, not being able to change from that blue color limits the other choices I can make.

Have you seen, or tried the Toolbar add-on that Lawrence made?

I haven't tried or used it myself, I am happy with Studio One out of the box, but from what I have read a lot of people seem to like it. YMMV

https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?p=200846&sid=ad78096bfa45be25474af6e25888329e

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ensconced said:

I haven't tried or used it myself, I am happy with Studio One out of the box, but from what I have read a lot of people seem to like it. YMMV

https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?p=200846&sid=ad78096bfa45be25474af6e25888329e

I've used it and think he did a great job but it doesn't work on bus, fx. and vca channels. My eyesight could be better so I rely on consistent colors to quickly scan and find what I need.

I have SO4 Pro and Cubase10 10.5.  I don’t think they’re particularly similar. 

I got Cubase when Sonar sank as the cross-grade price was too good to pass up.

However, 2 years down the track I don’t use either and would be happy to get rid of them for a reasonable offer. 

CUBASE- No longer for sale  

Edited by Michael Vogel ( MUDGEL)
Amend

8 hours ago, ensconced said:

Yep. If you like to fiddle with the colors it's great. I haven't played with it much since I installed it but it gives you more options.  But I'm in the camp of liking the UI. I won't say "love it" because I'd like more options to be able tweak it.  But I actively like the workflow and functions that SO gives me.

What would I like in the new version? I'd like to see them give the Splitter some more "dev love".  I'm not sure another DAW even has this capability, but it makes things like parallel processing, L/R channel processing and frequency splitting a snap.

On 5/6/2020 at 7:43 PM, RSMcGuitar said:

Not sure how this could be called black... but ok 😁

Screenshot (50).png

14 hours ago, Tezza said:

Yep, that looks utterly disgusting to me. Black or white, it looks horrible either way. That one looks like a cheap cartoon.

You probably tell mothers their babies are ugly too. 🤣

• Haha 4