soundregion

Greyed out clip

I asked this question in the old forum, but nobody knew the answer so I'll try again, because it's still an issue from time to time.

Right now  have one clip that's greyed out and I can't copy or move anything in the clip. I have tried cloning, but the new one is still grey. It's not muted or locked. Bounce to clip does not do anything. Anybody have any ideas ?

image.png.4a485c9027aa1cdb8a4b9fff43488355.png

We get this at times also. It is almost like the wave is not there, yes? There are 2 ways we have found to get it active again. Saving the project, closing down CBL and restarting it after a few mins break usually sorts the problem. If that doesn't work the other method we used was to double click on the wave and the clip properties will open on the left (with us it does anyway).  Toggle on and off any boxes such as clip lock, automation etc and see if that wakes it up.

It's a MIDI clip? I had similar grayed MIDI clip few times on the days of Sonar. (I don't know why it happened. It was suddenly.)
In my case, just press "e" key twice (Yes, it's a shortcut key for Bypass All Audio FX), that operation brought normal clip back. (I don't know why it works.)
I hope it helps...

2 minutes ago, HIBI said:

It's a MIDI clip? I had similar grayed MIDI clip few times on the days of Sonar. (I don't know why it happened. It was suddenly.)
In my case, just press "e" key twice (Yes, it's a shortcut key for Bypass All Audio FX), that operation brought normal clip back. (I don't know why it works.)
I hope it helps...

Yup, that did it !!  Thanks a lot

25 minutes ago, sealesb said:

We get this at times also. It is almost like the wave is not there, yes? There are 2 ways we have found to get it active again. Saving the project, closing down CBL and restarting it after a few mins break usually sorts the problem. If that doesn't work the other method we used was to double click on the wave and the clip properties will open on the left (with us it does anyway).  Toggle on and off any boxes such as clip lock, automation etc and see if that wakes it up.

Didn't help, but thanks.