HELP! How to roll back to the previous version?

Rod L. Short

I installed the latest update and am suddenly having major problems. How can I roll back to the previous version? It was working fine. I am in the middle of mixing a client's album and am desperate to get this solved! (Yeah, I know, it was a dumb move updating  when I'm working on a project! Never again!)

Didn't think it was necessary since everything was fine until I installed the update. This led me to believe I should just try to roll back. 

What's happening is.... everything starts off fine, going along mixing and editing then, all of a sudden, I start getting a very loud, high pitched, pulsating tone. I have to physically stop the audio engine to stop it and, as soon as I restart the audio engine, it's still there. The only way to stop it is to close the program. As I close the program, with the audio engine stopped, it still lets out two more loud beeps as it is closing.

I opened Studio One and did some work in it and, everything is fine there. No issues. It all started after the latest Cakewalk update and ONLY effects Cakewalk.

I'm not smart enough to solve your issue, but I have to tell you there's no built-in rollback function. The installer deletes itself after the program is installed, and subsequent updates do not include the full installer, just the update. I hope you get this sorted out.

EDITED TO ADD: Maybe run Bandlab Assistant and make sure you are on the latest version. I hear there were several new versions released in rapid succession recently -- you might have missed one.

Edited by Larry Jones
more info

Rod : this sounds like system issues to me .. the fact that studio one runs ok means nothing.. I build form Bios ..Chipset.. Video drivers ..up . I never have issues ..list your motherboard make and model and your  os build  ..I will show you !

So, apparently Waves rolled out an update for all my Waves plugins that I was not aware of. Once I applied that, the problem went away!

However, now every time I open a project I get a warning about Breverb not being recognized and asking me to choose one of two different installs, neither of which makes any difference. I reinstalled it and it still gives me the warning. Once I click through the warning, Breverb works but, I'll have to see if I can get that figured out
Also, I had to get a new computer so, this is a new install of Cakewalk. It just dawned on me that, because I no longer have my old install of Sonar Platinum on this computer, I no longer have access to all the stuff that came with it. Is there any way to get my old Sonar Platinum back??

• 3 months later...

I too have had audio drivers hang and do this. Usually turning the interface power off and on will fix the issue, but sometimes restarting the computer is necessary.

Edited by TPayton

On 2/9/2019 at 9:42 AM, Rod L. Short said:

Didn't think it was necessary since everything was fine until I installed the update. This led me to believe I should just try to roll back. 

What's happening is.... everything starts off fine, going along mixing and editing then, all of a sudden, I start getting a very loud, high pitched, pulsating tone. I have to physically stop the audio engine to stop it and, as soon as I restart the audio engine, it's still there. The only way to stop it is to close the program. As I close the program, with the audio engine stopped, it still lets out two more loud beeps as it is closing.

I opened Studio One and did some work in it and, everything is fine there. No issues. It all started after the latest Cakewalk update and ONLY effects Cakewalk.

Couple days ago I too heard a high pitch tone at the end of an old project. I've got  waves plugs on some of my old projects so it might have originated

from there. My waves 32 bit plugs are so old even Cakewalk won't play them. 

19 hours ago, davet said:

My waves 32 bit plugs are so old even Cakewalk won't play them

In my limited experience Waves are pretty good about keeping you up to date with the newest patches; and if you choose to update your licenses to the latest (v10) they're also pretty cheap on the upgrade path.

5 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

In my limited experience Waves are pretty good about keeping you up to date with the newest patches; and if you choose to update your licenses to the latest (v10) they're also pretty cheap on the upgrade path.

OK. I'll check for patches or updates. Thanks for the heads up.