Creative Sauce

Hi:)

Nice to see that "early" and overlapping notes are played. I tried this and it didn't work on exporting. There must be a mistake from myself! I'll give this another try!

Thanks for this video:)

You can select tracks for the selected arranger section if  you click 2 times on the section and now select with the CTRL Key the tracks or clips you want to involve into this section!

Bassman.

5 hours ago, Heinz Hupfer said:

Hi:)

Nice to see that "early" and overlapping notes are played. I tried this and it didn't work on exporting. There must be a mistake from myself! I'll give this another try!

Thanks for this video:)

You can select tracks for the selected arranger section if  you click 2 times on the section and now select with the CTRL Key the tracks or clips you want to involve into this section!

Bassman.

To get this to work automatically when committing or exporting audio, you need to make sure "Split Notes"  is enabled in Preferences:

image.png.fa50aaaf9b46e0d6f7cc5f8b3690e2fe.png

The reason this isn't automatically applied, is so users can manually adjust the crop position of each clip if required.

• Thanks 1

@msmcleod

HI:)  

I tried it again to Commit and Export Audio with a very easy and small Midiproject. But I can't find out how to manage to play the notes correctly on committing and/or exporting the Arrangement.

If I can't with such an easy piece, what to do with a heavy project and a lot of tracks?

Please look into it, a few early notes and notes that are overlapping and an easy arrangement to commit, doesn't play correctly, no matter if I have "split midi notes" ON or OFF!

Please tell me how I can do that, what's the trick?

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Al2mKojzOW0Mp6JYdIvNkRA6Amvf7Q?e=46t7na

Thanks;)

Bassman.

Nice to finally have this and Excellent video too! Reminds me of my old 90's workstation 16 track sequencer, which I still use, where I can create several independent 8 track sequences and then stitch them together, and rearrange them in any order and any number of repeats to form a song. Then add 8 additional full length tracks to the mix. It was all menu driven by a 16 character LCD screen. How often I wished for a big screen display with drag-n-drop ability.

30 years later my wish comes true.  😁

20 hours ago, Heinz Hupfer said:

@msmcleod

HI:)  

I tried it again to Commit and Export Audio with a very easy and small Midiproject. But I can't find out how to manage to play the notes correctly on committing and/or exporting the Arrangement.

If I can't with such an easy piece, what to do with a heavy project and a lot of tracks?

Please look into it, a few early notes and notes that are overlapping and an easy arrangement to commit, doesn't play correctly, no matter if I have "split midi notes" ON or OFF!

Please tell me how I can do that, what's the trick?

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Al2mKojzOW0Mp6JYdIvNkRA6Amvf7Q?e=46t7na

Thanks;)

Bassman.

The arranger feature is really just a tool for doing mass copy/paste operations  on a project-wide scale. It has no way of knowing the musical intent with regard to the placement of MIDI notes and the start of your sections, so it relies on you having your sections set accordingly.

If you do have lots of overlapping MIDI notes, there are 3 options:

1. Use the split notes feature, and accept you'll encounter "quantised" note on's and perhaps note offs where you didn't want them.
2. Don't use the split notes feature, and manually adjust the crop points at the start of clips after committing the arrangement.
3. Freeze your MIDI tracks before committing / export audio and see if that helps - overlapping won't be a problem with audio. The downside is if you unfreeze/refreeze after committing you end up with having to resort to option 2.

I suspect in your case, option 2 will be the most appropriate.

• Like 1