Triesenberg

SteenE

It's been a while since I visited, so I thought I would check out the new forum.

I had some issues uploading to Bandlab and had to find another track. This is my latest instrumental.

Edited by soundregion
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, David Sprouse said:

Have a lyricist?  It begs for some words Nice straightforward song .  It might have been good to modulate during the breakdown just to  give it a little spice.

No lyrics. This is supposed to be instrumental. Judging from feedback on my "songs", I don't think I will be doing more of those :)

On 2/10/2019 at 7:36 PM, emeraldsoul said:

It's a nice listen. Maybe the bass elements could come up a bit in the mix? The balance of the mix leans a bit to the upper eq side. A nice composition, a very calming listen, and easily has cinema potential I think - kind of 1970's in a way.

cheers,

-Tom

Thanks a lot for listening and your input. I'll rethink the mix. I seem to somethimes make bass heavy mixed, so I'm surprised.

I liked this.  The guitar parts are what make it IMO.A very melancholic yet medium paced piece. Has a contemplative feel while on the move. I don't hear a vocal in this. I personally can't put a date on this like 70's. I think it sounds current . Thanks for sharing! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Starise said:

I liked this.  The guitar parts are what make it IMO.A very melancholic yet medium paced piece. Has a contemplative feel while on the move. I don't hear a vocal in this. I personally can't put a date on this like 70's. I think it sounds current . Thanks for sharing! 

Thanks for your feed back and thanks for listening.

23 minutes ago, Wookiee said:

I like the overall vibe of this @soundregion.  There is a limit of six minuets on song length with Bandlab if your tune was longer that may have been why you had an issue.

That was one of the issue. I wanted to share the track "Renaisance" which is 8+ minutes. I didn't get an error message, but my track wat cut to 6:10. I tried uploading a 20+ min track and here I was told there was a 10 min max. Confusing. Also I didn't know that my track was going to be re-mastered, so it didn't sound good. I then found out that I could turn it off. Thanks for listening.

2 hours ago, Starise said:

Have to agree that this is a piece that doesn't need a vocal track ... I listened to it while looking at some photographs of Triesenberg (I'm geekie like that) and it worked well, so, very enjoyable mind trip 9_9  .....Might even visit one day looks nice ....

SPAK

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, SPAK said:

Have to agree that this is a piece that doesn't need a vocal track ... I listened to it while looking at some photographs of Triesenberg (I'm geekie like that) and it worked well, so, very enjoyable mind trip 9_9  .....Might even visit one day looks nice ....

SPAK

Haha! Great! Yeah I stayed 3 times at (now closed) Hotel Oberland there. The view up there are fantastic. Music is supposed to describe the winding road up and then the view from up there. Thanks for listening.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, James G said:

Nice melancholy piece with a good sense of movement and plenty of melody.  Don't understand why people would suggest adding vocals when you've already said it's an instrumental.

I think that's pretty normal. Hits have vocals. When Mike Oldfield tried to get Tubular Bells out, he was met with "put some vocals on it and you have a deal". Glad he didn't. I think instrumental music can do something popsongs can't do.

Thanks for your feedback.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, thegaltieribrothers said:

Hi soundregion,

I'm sitting here imagining the long winding road up to Hotel Oberland and this instrumental fits the mood perfectly.

Thanks for sharing.

Good Job!

regards

paul

Very pleased to hear. Thank for listening .

Hi,

This is a fantastic, modern sounding instrumental!🙂

Excellent composition and arrangement, and the choice of instruments and playing fits perfectly into the clean and wide, nicely textured, fresh sounding mix.

I could easily imagine hearing this in a soundtrack for a cinematic film.

Very nice work, great piece of music!👍

Best Wishes,
Bob

16 hours ago, garybrun said:

Listening to your mix on my Focals.
Comes across well... why I think of Tubular Bells I dont know??
Could see it being used in a documentary or corporate use?

You mean the instrument or the album ? I'm pretty influenced by Mike Oldfield, so that wouldn't suprise me. The bell is actually sampled from the church bell. After I started on the project I found out I had it on video.

Thanks a lot for listening.

3 hours ago, Bob Oister said:

Hi,

This is a fantastic, modern sounding instrumental!🙂

Excellent composition and arrangement, and the choice of instruments and playing fits perfectly into the clean and wide, nicely textured, fresh sounding mix.

I could easily imagine hearing this in a soundtrack for a cinematic film.

Very nice work, great piece of music!👍

Best Wishes,
Bob

Very happy to hear this. Thanks a lot listening.