Another Friday without a fig

Bapu

I have a fig tree in my backyard but I never eat the figs off that tree.   Instead. I allow the neighbors to come by and pick as much as they want for themselves.   One neighbor told me, she takes the figs over to the community selling area on Saturdays and sells them there.  She then will come back and give me a small percentage of what she receives as a thank you for allowing her to use my figs. 

Me.., I’d rather get a pack of flavored Fig Newton’s and then go  mix a song in CbB.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnWxHDZsx-l8hatmbeZgk

The actual fig content in one of those fig newtons is not much. Mostly sugar, enriched cookie and just enough "fig" to legally get away with calling it a fig newton. I Like them though. At least this was how I FIGured it.

I remember eating fresh figs off the tree when I was younger...as in not yesterday but 40 years ago.

2 hours ago, Starise said:

The actual fig content in one of those fig newtons is not much. Mostly sugar, enriched cookie and just enough "fig" to legally get away with calling it a fig newton.

Wow . . . I bet you're a real barrel of laughs at a party 😉                                                                                                                         only joking

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 57Gregy said:

So, you can't give a fig?

That phrase is new to me. What part of the world does that come from?  I heard a guy use it the other day for the first time. I think I would be able to share a fig or two strictly speaking. I mean I would at least offer it, if you didn't like figs, then ........I guess I couldn't give a fig. Surely someone would take one.

9 minutes ago, Starise said:

That phrase is new to me. What part of the world does that come from?  I heard a guy use it the other day for the first time. I think I would be able to share a fig or two strictly speaking. I mean I would at least offer it, if you didn't like figs, then ........I guess I couldn't give a fig. Surely someone would take one.

https://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_board/47/messages/499.html