Are there any scripts, tools, or methods for really fast, timed harp arpeggios and glissandos?

Sean

A piece I was working on had a movement, where the harp went down 18 notes in during a half of a beat, then a three octave glissando (during the course of one beat). I ended up using three different harp instruments during the piece: one for single glissandos, one for 4-note chords, and one for descending/ascending scale runs (and using some trial-and-error to figure out which had the correct timing), which was a little confusing, and using multiple instruments makes mixing a challenge.

I'm not good enough at keyboard to play these glissandos manually, whilst nailing the timing. Are there any tools for animating the glissandos and scale runs (within a set range of notes, and a specified key, and beat duration?

harprun.jpg

Edited by Sean

You can try using CAL attached.

Quick hint, insert first note, highlight it, the run the CAL. It will ask for range of notes from the base first note. for example, if you insert C as base note, then answer 2,4,5,7,9,11 as they are the range of "re-mi-fa-sol-la-ti" from "C" .

You can adjust the length of the first note inserted before running the CAL to suite your timing & duration of the glissando.

Hope it helps as starting point.

GLISDOWN.CAL GLISSUP.CAL