I Learned From Martin Mull

Barry Seymour

4 hours ago, Douglas Kirby said:

That was a fun song to listen to - I noticed you put a bit of work into the drum track (I liked the fills) - very cool.  Again, you vox reminds me a bit of Waylon Jennings.

I enjoyed that lead guitar - sounded like a Tele.

That was the Strat in the picture. Bridge and Middle pickup, Boss compression pedal.

I was lucky enough to see Martin Mull open for Bonnie Raitt when I was in college in the 70's.  Besides being enormously funny, he played jazzy guitar at the end of his set, which blew away many people.  In fact, he played with Bonnie during her encores and held his own.  I'm glad to hear you paying tribute to him through this fine song!

• Like 2

On 4/30/2020 at 3:58 AM, Douglas Kirby said:

That was a fun song to listen to - I noticed you put a bit of work into the drum track (I liked the fills) - very cool.  Again, you vox reminds me a bit of Waylon Jennings.

I enjoyed that lead guitar - sounded like a Tele.

I used one of the built-in Drum machines - MTPowerDrumKit2. I donated $10 to get a key that eliminates the need to 'accept' the kit every time I use it.  It includes a set of grooves, and fills along with a rudimentary composer tool that lets you assemble a groove with related fills. I don't need much, but this worked out really well for me.

I remember Martin Mull from Fernwood Tonite. Didn't know he was a musician, so I learned something.
Fun lyrics for sure. Lots of words that rhyme with Mull!

I did notice the clicking sound that Tom mentioned above but it didn't take anything away from your performance.

8 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

I remember Martin Mull from Fernwood Tonite. Didn't know he was a musician, so I learned something.
Fun lyrics for sure. Lots of words that rhyme with Mull!

I did notice the clicking sound that Tom mentioned above but it didn't take anything away from your performance.

Mull was primarily a musician in the 70s. Lots of great, funny stuff, and an AMAZING guitarist.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=martin+mull+music&disable_polymer=true