Rain - Beatles cover

jmasno5

If you can produce that sound live, there's a steady post Covid market for it. Good Beatles tribute bands were charging £1000 / night over ten years ago here in the south west of England. I appreciate I'm only 62 years old but  I could easily put sufficient makeup on to look as old as Paul or Ringo :)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mahavishnu said:

If you can produce that sound live, there's a steady post Covid market for it. Good Beatles tribute bands were charging £1000 / night over ten years ago here in the south west of England. I appreciate I'm only 62 years old but  I could easily put sufficient makeup on to look as old as Paul or Ringo :)

Haha.  I was in a Beatles Band when I was younger.  We did a lot of covers but one set was all Beatles with suits and ties.  The Hofner bass was always in need of intonation.  One night the neck pickup fell into the body.  That bass was a struggle.  I prefer bands that only play the music and do not get dressed up.  So when we put the band together you will not need makeup 😁  My favorite Beatles tribute band is http://www.theanalogues.net/  They take it to the next level.

Here is a pic of me back in the day...  Right handed.  I still have the P-Bass.  It was my first bass.  Purchased new in 1978 or 79.  Notice the Acoustic 220 Bass Head.  I used it for 10 years with the matching 2 x 15 Cab.  I had to sell it because I bought a smaller car.

As Paul

Edited by jmasno5
  • Like 1

Best Beatles Band alive today. The Fab Faux. No Beatles "dressup", just pure recreations of the greatest music of the 20th Century. I've seen them everytime they've been to California since 2008 (10 times now). The only disappointing set was when they did the 1964 (5?) Hollywood Bowl set list. Thank the almighty  for the second set of the night.

The coolest was when they did The White Album. They actually had Revolution #9 all charted out. Lots of samples but none the less, it was Revolution # 9.

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jmasno5 said:

He is a pic of me back in the day...  Right handed.

The first Beatles cover band I saw with my (current) wife was 1964. They played together for some 25 years. The bass player was a righty, but taught himself to be a lefty. That was impressive (IMO).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bapu said:

Best Beatles Band alive today. The Fab Faux. No Beatles "dressup", just pure recreations of the greatest music of the 20th Century. I've seen them everytime they've been to California since 2008 (10 times now). The only disappointing set was when they did the 1964 (5?) Hollywood Bowl set list. Thank the almighty  for the second set of the night.

The coolest was when they did The White Album. They actually had Revolution #9 all charted out. Lots of samples but none the less, it was Revolution # 9.

Fab Faux is great.  Will Lee is great.  I hope he is still in the band.

25 minutes ago, jmasno5 said:

Fab Faux is great.  Will Lee is great.  I hope he is still in the band.

He was last year and their site says they are touring again in late 2020 through 2021, albeit in the Midwest and East Coast (so far).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had the pleasure of seeing the tribute band, 1964, in the early eighties.  The performance was in a college student center nightclub that held perhaps 200 people so the performance was up close and personal.  The visuals were spot on and the sound perfect.  During intermission the audience was invited to come up to look at the equipment and chat with the mates! I have been a big fan of the band ever since.

The Analogues is a Dutch tribute band.  I've watched YouTube videos of their Sgt. Pepper, Abbey Road and White Album performances.  They set a high bar performing studio albums live.  Hopefully they will bring their show to the southern part of the US.  I'd love to see the act.  YouTube has a wonderful 60 minute documentary of the Analogues recreating Magical Mystery Tour.  You can see it here:  https://youtu.be/B5aD87iJikg

53 minutes ago, Jim Fogle said:

I had the pleasure of seeing the tribute band, 1964, in the early eighties.  The performance was in a college student center nightclub that held perhaps 200 people so the performance was up close and personal.  The visuals were spot on and the sound perfect.  During intermission the audience was invited to come up to look at the equipment and chat with the mates! I have been a big fan of the band ever since.

The Analogues is a Dutch tribute band.  I've watched YouTube videos of their Sgt. Pepper, Abbey Road and White Album performances.  They set a high bar performing studio albums live.  Hopefully they will bring their show to the southern part of the US.  I'd love to see the act.  YouTube has a wonderful 60 minute documentary of the Analogues recreating Magical Mystery Tour.  You can see it here:  https://youtu.be/B5aD87iJikg

I recently was turned on to the Analogues because of their White Album video on You Tube.  Stellar, top notch.

• Like 1