Latest update, Not saving audio track settings.

Paul conley

Question

Hi,

I hope someone can help with my issue.

Been using cakewalk since Pro audio 9. ,,,Normally, I like extra features but i would say that I see no reason for the Workspace feature. Since the recent update my projects are not saving settings for audio tracks. When I open a project, the audio routings are all gone so I have to route them again back to the the audio outputs that I previously set them to. It appears I am now forced to use the Workspace feature? When the problem first happened, I named and saved a preset in the workspace dropdown, then saved the project. When opening that project again, No change, the audio outputs i assigned are gone. When I load the preset I saved in the Workspace dropdown menu, no difference,  It still does not load the settings. My I7 Quadcore pc is running great, and I believe that this is caused by the latest update. Can anyone relate to this, or troubleshoot what is happening here?

Thanks Paul

2 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Paul conley said:

It appears I am now forced to use the Workspace feature?

To the extent that their is always a workspace setting...yes.

One of the settings is None.

When the workspace menu is set to None, the workspace feature is effectively turned off.

I mostly run with the workspace menu set to None but enable a workspace from time to time to test and see what others may be experiencing.

To date, the only time my workspace setting has changed was when I changed it. Otherwise it stays at None.