Suddenly most tracks are muted

Lado

Has anyone else had this problem?? I was having some problems with crashes after installing Windows Update 1903, but it seemed to be resolved after reinstalling my audio interface drivers (Apollo Thunderbolt). Today I was finishing up a painful mix and was having issues with computer resources. I had recently decided to try Studio One and, after closing out Cakewalk I installed SO. When I went back to Cakewalk almost every audio track in my current project was not sounding. After some investigation I noticed that, although nothing was solo'd or muted in the mix or edit windows, the track manager showed everything that wasn't archived as muted and there was no way to remove the mutes. I tried hiding and unhiding, and everything thing else I could think of to trick the tracks back into active states. And it wasn't just this one project. Several others had the same situation. I finally found one about a week old that was viable and I'll have to try and remember all the steps I took since then. I think I'm pretty much over Cakewalk and ready to try out Studio One or Logic. Not gonna pay a bunch more to Avid for their weird, costly and clunky "industry standard".

New one on me. Hard to imagine it would affect one some project unless those affected projects all shared a common ancestor, with lurking corruption. Can't really think of anything that would cause that otherwise or any procedure that might 'break the spell' other than things you have probalby already tried like archive/unarchive, delete/undo, solo/unsolo the whole project from the mix module or by quick-grouping, etc.  Maybe save as a bundle, and open it from a new location...?

If the problem was really precipitated by installing Studio One, I would wonder if maybe it overwrote the a version of the C++ runtime library that CbB was using or something like that

You might try re-installing Cakewalk. But many of us have Studio One as well, and no problems with CbB.

15 hours ago, Lado said:

Has anyone else had this problem?? I was having some problems with crashes after installing Windows Update 1903, but it seemed to be resolved after reinstalling my audio interface drivers (Apollo Thunderbolt). Today I was finishing up a painful mix and was having issues with computer resources. I had recently decided to try Studio One and, after closing out Cakewalk I installed SO. When I went back to Cakewalk almost every audio track in my current project was not sounding. After some investigation I noticed that, although nothing was solo'd or muted in the mix or edit windows, the track manager showed everything that wasn't archived as muted and there was no way to remove the mutes. I tried hiding and unhiding, and everything thing else I could think of to trick the tracks back into active states. And it wasn't just this one project. Several others had the same situation. I finally found one about a week old that was viable and I'll have to try and remember all the steps I took since then. I think I'm pretty much over Cakewalk and ready to try out Studio One or Logic. Not gonna pay a bunch more to Avid for their weird, costly and clunky "industry standard".

I can't say I've ever run into a situation like this, but if you've got a project stuck in that state, send us a copy and we can take a look into what's going on. 

On 4/30/2020 at 7:10 AM, Jonathan Sasor said:

I can't say I've ever run into a situation like this, but if you've got a project stuck in that state, send us a copy and we can take a look into what's going on. 

On 4/30/2020 at 7:10 AM, Jonathan Sasor said:

Auto-save Copy of Dreamers 042920 no audio.cwp