Sampletank 4 crashing in CbB

1 hour ago, ZincT said:

I found this portable SQL Lite browser which seems to work OK just for viewing the database offline and it's a nice small install in a single folder (being portable).

https://sqlitebrowser.org/blog/portableapp-for-3-11-2-release-now-available/ 

(Kaspersky AV gives it a clean bill of health as does VirusTotal btw)

I created a couple of favourites in ST4 and they appeared in the "Instrument" table when I looked in SQL Lite browser.

The "is_favorite" field is set to 1 for favourites and otherwise 0, so just put a 1 in the is_favorite filter to see your favourites.

320029469_ST4Fav.thumb.jpg.8b0e00172ca0188231dc98e67886fbbc.jpg

This could actually be quite useful for searching instruments when you don't have ST4 loaded or are on a different PC without ST4 (just copy the instrument.db file there for browsing in SQLLite).

AWESOME!  I am going to play with this. :)

Bob Bone

• Like 2

With a SQLite browser you can also check out the database Cakewalk is using to store plugin categories.  It's

%APPDATA%\Cakewalk\Library\Library.db

Of course the entries are a bit hard to use, since they refer to plugin_clsid's in the registry.  Lots of apps use SQLite for local databases.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

With a SQLite browser you can also check out the database Cakewalk is using to store plugin categories.  It's

%APPDATA%\Cakewalk\Library\Library.db

Of course the entries are a bit hard to use, since they refer to plugin_clsid's in the registry.  Lots of apps use SQLite for local databases.

Thanks Matthew, you must have read my mind!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

The Favorites for Sampletank 4 are stored in the SQLite database instruments.db in your user Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 4 folder.  The favorites are in the table "Instrument", the column is_favorite

Use your personal favorite SQLite DB tool to check it.  Handy note, Cakewalk uses a SQLite database for the Browser Categories also.

ol12e9.jpg

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!! :D

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ZincT said:

I found this portable SQL Lite browser which seems to work OK just for viewing the database offline and it's a nice small install in a single folder (being portable).

https://sqlitebrowser.org/blog/portableapp-for-3-11-2-release-now-available/ 

(Kaspersky AV gives it a clean bill of health as does VirusTotal btw)

I created a couple of favourites in ST4 and they appeared in the "Instrument" table when I looked in SQL Lite browser.

The "is_favorite" field is set to 1 for favourites and otherwise 0, so just put a 1 in the is_favorite filter to see your favourites.

320029469_ST4Fav.thumb.jpg.8b0e00172ca0188231dc98e67886fbbc.jpg

This could actually be quite useful for searching instruments when you don't have ST4 loaded or are on a different PC without ST4 (just copy the instrument.db file there for browsing in SQLLite).

Hey ZincT, nice find! :D

• Like 2

Started browsing Syntronik instruments in Sampletank. Quickly encountered one that would  not load due to missing files. Checked my installation, and found that some sound archives had downloaded to the wrong folder (due to an issue with the IK download defaulting to a previously used directory when downloading multiple files at once), and I missed a couple.

No problem, but I'm curious that instruments that aren't  installed are listed in the browser. I guess some master list gets installed with the Syntronik product regardless of whether you've actually installed the sound files...?

9 minutes ago, David Baay said:

No problem, but I'm curious that instruments that aren't  installed are listed in the browser. I guess some master list gets installed with the Syntronik product regardless of whether you've actually installed the sound files...?

The instrument is the .st4i file but the samples are .pak files in another directory.  I think it builds the database from the .st4i (and .st3i) files.  But it doesn't care/check that the samples are there when it does that.

6 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

The instrument is the .st4i file but the samples are .pak files in another directory.  I think it builds the database from the .st4i (and .st3i) files.  But it doesn't care/check that the samples are there when it does that.

That's why an automated installer is desperately  needed. Too many moving parts now for a human to get it exactly right with a manual install.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 2